Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($21.70)
      UTG+1 ($10.39)
      CO ($9.80)
      BTN ($8.25)
      Hero ($14.17)
      BB ($9.12)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is SB J:club: 10:spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: 7:heart: 3:heart: 8:club: ($0.40, 4 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.20, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: 8:spade: ($1, 3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, BTN checks

River: 9:diamond: ($1, 3 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BB raises to $3.40, BTN folds, Hero goes all-in $13.87, BB goes all-in $5.42

opp: 15/5/1.6

Pre: Could argue if I should call this...

Flop: Calling because of two other callers.

Turn: Wait mode.

River: Gutshot landed and after I got raised, I saw just 8x here, so shoving seemed like right move.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd say it's better not to get involved in that on the flop, with the flushdraw out you only really have 3 clean outs to the nuts and hitting an overcard might be really tricky to play 3-way out of position.

As played on the river it's pretty ugly, BB could certainly have boated up on the turn and play it exactly like that hoping somebody makes his draws on the river. You'll also see people wrongly slowplay the turn when they hit trips. Plus he looks really tight which means when he raises he usually isn't screwing around.

I think he's really strong on that river, I'd never jam over. The worst hand I expect him to show up with is a chop with another JT and possibly sometimes naked trips 8's, but I don't think it's worth shoving over for value given the number of times we'll just run into a boat.

As for whether we should ever call the raise or straight up for to it, I really expect to be shown a chop or a boat, so I'd probably just give it up, but I wouldn't blame anyone for calling especially if villain is known to play quite a bunch of 8x hands.

Hope it helps.