Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($10)
      CO ($32.30)
      BTN ($8.37)
      SB ($4.30)
      Hero ($10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BB J:diamond: Q:diamond:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: 10:spade: 6:spade: Q:heart: ($0.75, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.56, Hero calls $0.56

Turn: 6:heart: ($1.87, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, CO raises to $3, Hero calls $1.70

River: 2:club: ($7.87, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5, Hero folds

Opp: 18/15/2.6/75 (vpip, pfr, af, cbet)

Pre: Decided to call such a suited hand, despite the position.

Flop: On such a flop I already decided to float, so called this one;

Turn: As you can see, it wasn't really successful and he raised me. I really, really thought he shouldn't have anything big, but couldn't call it, because things on river could get too expensive and too bad for.

Could this be possible line of playing this?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Well, your opponent seems like a pretty standard tag judging from his stats, which means he probably has reasonable (tight) ranges and at least on some basic level he can hand-read.

Put yourself in his shoes. He raises preflop and gets a dead-ugly flop of QT6 2t, infested with draws and very likely to hit your range right in the face, yet he fired a 3/4 c-bet. Then you donked out strong on the 6 pairing turn and answered he didn't care at all by raising you up anyway. Do you really think your QJ is worth continuing with out of position at that point? I don't really, I'd just give it up and expect him to show up with better almost all the time.

As for whether donking out on the turn is good to begin with I'd say it's fine, I'd like it more if we actually could beat some reasonable Qx hands, but since we don't beat AQ KQ nor QT and I don't really expect a 18/16 to show up with many worse Qx in that spot, I think I'd rather just check/call again in case he's barreling a draw and be prepared to fold on the river since you'll rarely see a 18/16 triple barrel anything that QJ beats at nl10.

Hope it helps.