Stupid mistakes costing me

• monty90
      monty90
      Bronze
      I always make really stupid mistakes il go from playing reasonably well out playing micro players to all of sudden il try insane moves withouth even thinking about it, and because of it il go through losing session i would have easily been in profit in if it werent for these crazy mistakes.

Iv noticed i dont really make the same mistakes when playing live ( well at least not as many on average) , i ended up just stop thinking online every once in a while . The thing that makes it worse soon as ive done it i know its wrong regardless of what my opponent does sometimes il still win the hand because sometimes im up against bingo players but still.

Anyone got any suggestions to try stop myself for making these mistakes ? :f_confused:
  • 3 replies
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Try thinking though each hand more in-depth, and also think to yourself "What would a PS Coach do?". And i'm not just joking around, try to imagin what they would say if they overlooked your hand so far, It does help.
      ^
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Bronze
      Originally posted by monty90

Iv noticed i dont really make the same mistakes when playing live ( well at least not as many on average) , i ended up just stop thinking online every once in a while . The thing that makes it worse soon as ive done it i know its wrong regardless of what my opponent does sometimes il still win the hand because sometimes im up against bingo players but still.

Anyone got any suggestions to try stop myself for making these mistakes ? :f_confused:
      I've had that experience as well ... The thing is that in live games you're only playing one table and you have time to really observe and think things through ... Online multitabling it's easy to go on autopilot, which doesn't allow you to develop as a player and you'll start making a lot more mistakes ...

So if you're multitabling, cut down your tables significantly ... Try 1-2 tables, it might seem "boring" but use all that excess free time to think about everything and anything going on at your table(s) ... That will keep you busy in a good non-autopilot way, which allows you to make better decisions and get better reads on your opps :f_cool:
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      mark yo spewy hands, post them in the forums as self punishment. people telling why its wrong even though you know its wrong will often help, the fear of being thought a donk probably helps you not make these mistakes live