Those things make me wanna go to school

• wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 6.25 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) (t1500)
      BB (t1500)

Hero's M: 50.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, A
      Hero bets t60, BB raises to t100, Hero calls t40

Flop: (t200) 7, 3, 5 (2 players)
      BB bets t220, Hero raises to t1400 (All-In), BB calls t1180 (All-In)

Turn: (t3000) 4 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t3000) K (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t3000

Results:
      Hero had 9, A (high card, Ace).
      BB had 8, 4 (one pair, fours).
      Outcome: BB won t3000

I mean not only did he call on a gut shut str8 draw with no diamond in his hand (having 3 outs), but did u notice his preflop 3bet on 84offsuit, first hand in the game?
  • 24 replies
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I suggest you stop focusing on your opponents' mistakes, and start looking for your own. That attitude will get you a lot of money.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Why did you pay the 3bet with that crappy hand?
      Why did you raise him on the flop when you totally missed?

He played, you played even worse. Not only you made a horrible call preflop (don't say a word about pot odds, with A9 it's just not justified to call) but you compounded it on the flop.

Nice play, sir!

That's not a thread for the downswings forum. This belongs to the Dumb plays forum.
    • Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      Well, he did say he wanted to go to school. Obviously he should. Any school will do.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      lol, I'm glad everytime my opponent sucks out on me... Did you want him to play perfectly and think that you're a monkey? Stop being results oriented.

I suggest you stop focusing on your opponents' mistakes, and start looking for your own. That attitude will get you a lot of money.

+1
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Lol, downsing report... Repeat after me, don't bluff the fish. You can't beat stupid players by doing even stupider things. Assuming this is HU and the first hand why not sit back for a few hands and figure out your opponent and then start trying to outplay him.
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mishkagg

He played, you played even worse. Not only you made a horrible call preflop (don't say a word about pot odds, with A9 it's just not justified to call) but you compounded it on the flop.

Nice play, sir!

That's not a thread for the downswings forum. This belongs to the Dumb plays forum.
      I played because of great pot ods ;)
      I raised because I'm a kickass player and I trust my reads ;)

any other question nit?
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      call pre is 100% std. flop shove is retarded tho, he's not folding shit and best case scenario u have 6 outs.

Originally posted by Berzerger
      this advice is golden
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      also kickass players dont play for cheeseburgers
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      flop shove is retarded?
      I don't expect everybodey to understand what trusting a read means... I know players at the cheesburger level don't overbet a draw or a flopped flush, so it was likely he will fold if he had at least half brain.

I'll stop defending myself in this thred because most of you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
      No ofence...
    • DJMazzz
      DJMazzz
      Bronze
      Listen to the guy, he had a read on this guy after the 3bet preflop and bet on flop. The best the guy could have was something like 84s. Good read imo.
    • mindslow
      mindslow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wuttehhell
      Originally posted by mishkagg

Nice play, sir!

I played because of great pot ods ;)
      I raised because I'm a kickass player and I trust my reads ;)

any other question nit?

this guy is real?
    • mindslow
      mindslow
      Bronze
      flop shove is retarded?
      I don't expect everybodey to understand what trusting a read means... I know players at the cheesburger level don't overbet a draw or a flopped flush, so it was likely he will fold if he had at least half brain.

I'll stop defending myself in this thred because most of you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
      No ofence...

:f_confused: :f_confused: :f_confused:
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      If you got such great reads then you can easily push it preflop if u were planning on playing A9 off lol.

And he actually had 9 outs against you considering you only had A high which makes you only about 60% ahead. And in case u miss read one card and he would had an amazing 47off you would be way behind.

You cant bluff on those limits considering ppl are pretty much gambling and dumb enough to call u with more or less anything which makes you even dumber for bluffing at a guy like that.
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze

I mean not only did he call on a gut shut str8 draw with no diamond in his hand (having 3 outs), but did u notice his preflop 3bet on 84offsuit, first hand in the game?

So this is the 1st hand of a heads up SnG? Have you played this villian before? If not, then you must be a mind reader for having a great read, online, in the first hand with A9o to push on a connected flush board with A high.....If you have seen him before, then you you had to know that he was probably playing crap cards but at the same time he will call with that crap and in many cases will hit a hand that beats A9o thus making the A9 shove have a small +ev compared to playing him out and beating him over the course of more than 1 hand....

Lastly, I am not quite understanding how a 1st hand all in lose at these stakes can be considered a downswing....a bad beat....a suck out....or even a wow I played the hand perfectly I thought and he still managed to win my money, what did I do wrong????

And take no offence, but it is more like a I can not believe I was beaten by this guy when I have the better hand pre flop and how dare he call my bluff move when I know he had nothing....he obviously is a major Donk which should have givin me his money without even playing a hand since I am a better player...bah I hate poker.. :f_mad:

Atleast you asked for advice, or thoughts, or feedback... :f_biggrin:
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47

And he actually had 9 outs against you considering you only had A high
      for sure, but did he know that?

at the moment he had to call or fold, do you think he knew I had A high with now flush draw and that he had 9 outs against me? or did he thing: "he's got at least 1 pair so I have 4 outs or perhaps a flush draw so I have 7 outs, so I'm about 16%-28% to win the hand if I call?

but it's easy to discuss strategy when you can see both my and his cards isn't it? ;)

"then you must be a mind reader for having a great read, online, in the first hand with A9o to push on a connected flush board with A high"
      that's the case ... I get them wrong sometimes but most often I'm correct
    • Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      Either you are a indeed mind reader, you just don't want to say it out in the public.

It is a far more safer bet however, that any brain processes (if fitted) were not involved in playing this hand.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      lol trusting reads at the first hand of the match.

please move to HU cash, we can use the money.
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Styr
      Either you are a indeed mind reader, you just don't want to say it out in the public.

It is a far more safer bet however, that any brain processes (if fitted) were not involved in playing this hand.
      learn to speak english first lol.
      alejandrosh... if you think ur that good then let's play a husng together... prove yourself fish :P
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      site and stakes?