[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Fr 55

• enemaze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, 5.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 2 folds, CO calls $0.05, BU folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.2) 5, 8, 2 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0.2) 9 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, MP1 folds, CO folds, SB calls $0.10.

River: ($0.4) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, SB raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $1.45, SB raises to $4.32, Hero calls $2.72.

Final Pot: $8.74.

Totally donked off a stack here.

As far as the hand goes, is it ok to slowplay my set on this board? It's just so dry i hardly see anyone hitting anything here.

On the river, after his donk/3bet, i wasnt sure what to do here. On one hand, i totally under represented my hand, so he might be going apeshit with some 2pair combo. On the other hand, his line looks really strong. So what i was going for was a small value raise against all the 2 pairs in his range, i was planning on folding to a shove here, but somehow i talked myself into calling.

I think the thing that was probably the worse and most fundamental mistake i made here was not paying attention that the BD flush came in.
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      Yeah you can def bet flop. It's 4handed, so someone has to have at least a pair that will turn two pair or a gutshot or something. Remember all those times when you make your continuation bet with air and someone calls with their bottom pair or ace high or a backdoor gutshot?

River. I don't really see people 3bet/calling worse hands, esp since 2 pair is unlikley given action. So I just call 3bet. You might consider raise/fold vs the donk against a passive player, since they will have a flush very often. Though never going to fold to a min 3bet.
    • caltabiano
      Yeah, definitely bet flop.

Even people will have air a lot, they will hardly ever bluff into a 4way pot, so you get nothing by checking. Also they'll often check back hands that have some sd value which will call a bet by you.
      You have a big hand and you need to build up the pot, since it's still so small. Definitely bet the flop! =)

On the turn, you can definitely bet bigger. You should pot it AT LEAST.

On the river, I like just calling the 3b. If he had a big hand on the turn, he'd have raised there, so it's very likely he improved on the river. And the hands that improved on the river are flushes and straights basically. So just call his 3b and lose the minimum =) You're not getting paid off by a worse hand when stacks go in.