This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Jj

• justdoingit88
      justdoingit88
      Bronze
      Villain is laggro remember one hand i open 4bb from UTG with KK he 3bets. Flop came TTx r i c/c flop c/shoved blank turn and he shows ATs.
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $15.25
      SB:
      $10.35
      BB:
      $10.10
      MP2:
      $1.85
      MP3 (Hero):
      $29.95
      CO:
      $11.60

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, J.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO raises to $0.80, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.75) 4, 7, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10.

Turn: ($3.95) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.70, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.
      If he has better hand he should raise, if he has marginal like QQ+ he can call and check behind the river.. Is my thinking correct
      Final Pot: $3.95.
  • 3 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop: I'm fine calling against such a player, as long as your not planning on doing much folding post-flop. 4Bet is also an option, but unless there was a lot of 4bet/5bet drama going on, I most likely wouldn't be 100% comfortable 4bet/calling given stack sizes and 3bet sizing. I imagine it's still profitable – but think calling is superior. The fact that you have a strong hand against a weak range eliminates positional disadvantage. Especially since he will probably make all sorts of terrible bluffs.

Flop: Not totally sure here. I think you can make arguments for check/call or check/raise depending on the sort of hands CO 3bets. I would check/raise vs random suited stuff, since he will quite often have a piece of this board. Check/call vs high cards. Also going to depend on cbet tendencies.

Turn: Your thinking should be – CO is a very loose aggressive player with a wide pre-flop and flop range. After just check/calling on such a draw heavy board, my hand appears weak and the Ace is a perfect card for such an aggressive player to keep betting (despite improving him occasionally). Check and let him keep putting money in the pot with a weak range. If you don't think he is bluffing often enough, you should check/fold.
    • justdoingit88
      justdoingit88
      Bronze
      So c/c turn and call safe river?
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hi!

I'm definitely 4bettin against someone who's 3betting me a lot. I'll be 4betting [TT+,AK] and getting it in, because he's gonna we're full of him and we're bluffing and then he shoves 99. =)

Calling is perfectly fine as well, cause like john said, you'll have a really strong hand against a fairly weak range. so it's a pretty cool situation as well.

As played, c/r flop is great, becasue again, he has a pretty weak range and our hand figures to be the best here VERY often. Our hand is somewhat vulnerable however. There are quite a few over cards to come and there are many other cards that'll make the board really scary. Any :club: , 5, 8, 3...

So I like c/r and get it in on the flop. Once you c/c however, we should be c/c the turn. Betting makes no sense. His range is so full of air which will barrel the A because it's a scare card and our hand is nothing but a bluff catcher, since he's not calling any worse hand when we db like that and we won't make him fold any better hand by betting. So betting achieves nothing basically.

I like c/c and if he fires again on a blank river, we just have to close our eyes and click the call button, becasue the turn is the perfect spot to continue bluffing =)

Cheers!