[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Jj

• justdoingit88
      justdoingit88
      Bronze
      Villain is laggro remember one hand i open 4bb from UTG with KK he 3bets. Flop came TTx r i c/c flop c/shoved blank turn and he shows ATs.
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $15.25
      SB:
      $10.35
      BB:
      $10.10
      MP2:
      $1.85
      MP3 (Hero):
      $29.95
      CO:
      $11.60

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, J.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO raises to $0.80, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.75) 4, 7, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10.

Turn: ($3.95) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.70, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.
      If he has better hand he should raise, if he has marginal like QQ+ he can call and check behind the river.. Is my thinking correct
      Final Pot: $3.95.
  • 3 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop: I'm fine calling against such a player, as long as your not planning on doing much folding post-flop. 4Bet is also an option, but unless there was a lot of 4bet/5bet drama going on, I most likely wouldn't be 100% comfortable 4bet/calling given stack sizes and 3bet sizing. I imagine it's still profitable – but think calling is superior. The fact that you have a strong hand against a weak range eliminates positional disadvantage. Especially since he will probably make all sorts of terrible bluffs.

Flop: Not totally sure here. I think you can make arguments for check/call or check/raise depending on the sort of hands CO 3bets. I would check/raise vs random suited stuff, since he will quite often have a piece of this board. Check/call vs high cards. Also going to depend on cbet tendencies.

Turn: Your thinking should be – CO is a very loose aggressive player with a wide pre-flop and flop range. After just check/calling on such a draw heavy board, my hand appears weak and the Ace is a perfect card for such an aggressive player to keep betting (despite improving him occasionally). Check and let him keep putting money in the pot with a weak range. If you don't think he is bluffing often enough, you should check/fold.
    • justdoingit88
      justdoingit88
      Bronze
      So c/c turn and call safe river?
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hi!

I'm definitely 4bettin against someone who's 3betting me a lot. I'll be 4betting [TT+,AK] and getting it in, because he's gonna we're full of him and we're bluffing and then he shoves 99. =)

Calling is perfectly fine as well, cause like john said, you'll have a really strong hand against a fairly weak range. so it's a pretty cool situation as well.

As played, c/r flop is great, becasue again, he has a pretty weak range and our hand figures to be the best here VERY often. Our hand is somewhat vulnerable however. There are quite a few over cards to come and there are many other cards that'll make the board really scary. Any :club: , 5, 8, 3...

So I like c/r and get it in on the flop. Once you c/c however, we should be c/c the turn. Betting makes no sense. His range is so full of air which will barrel the A because it's a scare card and our hand is nothing but a bluff catcher, since he's not calling any worse hand when we db like that and we won't make him fold any better hand by betting. So betting achieves nothing basically.

I like c/c and if he fires again on a blank river, we just have to close our eyes and click the call button, becasue the turn is the perfect spot to continue bluffing =)

Cheers!