[NL20-NL50] J9s defending blinds

• maykel
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, J.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.85, BU folds, Hero calls $0.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.95) T, 6, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.25, Hero raises to $3.84, CO raises to $8.50, Hero ..?

he OR from CO 25 and cb-flop 80 my plan was raise any flop becuase he must fold too often, i do this wiht AJ,KQ, some time AQ when they have more than 23PFR ,Cb 75 and folding 3bet around 80% to play against your wide range, is good this line to defending blinds?
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      Hey there!

I don't like defending J9s from the SB. If you want to defend it, you're better off 3betting, becasue if BB realises you're calling a wide range in the SB, he's gonna be squeezing the hell out of you. And even if he doesn't squeeze, he's gonna be calling a lot because he's getting great odds and that's not such a nice spot because you'll be in the worst possible position post flop.

So, just fold or 3b pre =)

c/r ANY flop is probably not a good idea, but c/r a LOT of flops could be against an active stealer. Bare in mind though that 25% or is not THAT wide of a range.

As played, you could consider calling his 3b actually, because you're getting almost direct odds (3.3:1) and he's showing decent strength, meaning you could get paid off a lot more in case you hit. Since he's probably not 3betting his flush draws, but very often just calling IP, I don't worry too much about being dominated.

So you can call and c/f if you don't hit turn.

Just folding
    • maykel
      thanks you ! ;)