[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH three of a kind (rush poker)

• vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      I have two problems I have been facing a lot recently.
      First of all, minraises. I can't make a decent 4bet and go broke with TT. Calling might be a little weak, as I will get overcards very often, and, unless I hit another ten or three low cards, I'll be behind.

Second of all, extracting value with the nuts. I hit my three of a kind, the only hands that beat me are AA, QJ and KK, which are improbable. Which is the best way to get all my stack in?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.16
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $10.40
      MP3:
      $27.02
      CO (Hero):
      $9.70
      BU:
      $10.32

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, T.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU raises to $0.70, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.55) K, A, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.75) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.20, Hero raises to $3.50, BU calls $2.30.

River: ($9.75) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.90, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.75.
  • 2 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hey vmarqui,

I think you need to make a raise on the flop because he can be cbetting hands like pairs + gutshots, two pairs, flush draws.

Hope this helps

Kings Regards,
      Toby
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Dealing with min3bets is usually just a matter of frequency. If villain never did it before I see nothing wrong with just calling and playing for set value, as the most common use of the min3bet preflop is still to suck you in with a premium hand that trumps TT. If villain is doing it all the time, I don't think 4-betting is a mistake, the fish will call you with way worse than that and if they 5-bet-jam you can still fold your hand (unless they're insane).

As for the flop play TobyCS is right. If villain happens to have KK+ you're gonna get stacked anyway unless your read is strong enough to put him squarely on those hands, and you still have outs against stuff like QJ. So you should just focus on getting value out of worse hands, which is best accomplished by raising before the draws all miss, people don't call valuebets when their draws have already busted. Since he seems awful I'd just make it like $2.5 on the flop and jam any turn, unless maybe it's really awful like Qh/Jh.

Hope it helps.