I just don't get it

Bronze
      Within last few days I went from $270 bankroll to 10$. Today was the most spectacular: I played super strict SSS and EVERY time I had aces, I got beaten by kings or queens. It happend several times. Once it was even AJ (trips) on the jack high flop. Not to mention hands like: my AKs vs A4o, flop comes A84 rainbow. All-in, I even hit third ace on the river. Love it.

Am I too dumb to play poker?

edit: no, no, no, tell me it's just a bad dream... I have KK on a 9 high board, raised preflop as hell (7BB since my oponent limped with minraise), he goes all-in, ok, let's call, 8 came on the turn and on the river some low card... What did he have? Of course a set of eights.
  • 8 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I have the same at the moment :(

But whenever I get 2 or 3 of those things in a row I just quit, some lucky hands made me play with hardly any losses, but still it's annoying when you play the hand well the other persons just keep on lucking you
      Bronze
      After taking night of, I sudenly realised that there are over 2,8k party points on my account waiting to redeem. That's quite a salvation for me, since I've fallen to... like $4, I really don't know why.

I felt so relieved after managing to open 9 tables again, and it payed up. Even though I got some pretty ugly beats, it's back to normal now - my aces win again! It's not so bright and lovely about kings, but it's still something :) .

Now, the adventure begins once again, but I'm a lot more experienced and focused. No more blind-stealing, no more AJo nor KQ (I tend to lose most with those), finally - no raising with 77, 88, 99 and even TT. It's just too expensive.

Let me ask you (if anyone's reading this section) - do you have similar problems with short stack?
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      As I already said, yes the exact same problems :P , I'm waiting to become silver (for a few days already) so I can read the BSS and try that
    • blackstone1
      blackstone1
      Bronze
      thats a major downswing :)
      well im playing SSS at the lowest level, and i went down off my free $50 to $25 but i got up to $48 now and getting near to 500 points :)
      I usually leave party poker when i loose 5 stacks. But if im winning more i rather stay and when luck turns I run.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      As I already said, yes the exact same problems(...)
      I was talking about the inaccuracy of sss nhc (AJ, KQ, lower pairs). I didn't bother to calculate it by myself, but my results don't really need comentary, do they?
    • WarGawd
      WarGawd
      Bronze
      I can relate...I had my own trouble with SSS very early on, and got as low as $13 before deciding I HAD to drop levels and abandon SSS. Search for my other career posts and you'll see that was a very wise decision.

Cheers & GL
      WarGawd
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Someone here has to take $50 from his roll and play it separately starting at NL10 SSS and document the results just to prove that yes, it really does work, because it really, really does.
    • Werdna
      Werdna
      Bronze
      How did you go down from $270 to $10 in just a few days?? What levels were you playing?