FTP crash

• Lim00n
      Lim00n
      Bronze
      Hey,
      i'd like to ask if anyone has been having these kind of problems with the client and if they've found a way to fix them;

i'm running FTP client on a new HP Probook laptop with Windows 7 Home Professional. Every time i run the client it crashes after 10-30 minutes, then it doesn't start up again, it just gives an empty popup box and closes afterwards.

Thanks to anyone who might help :)
  • 6 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hey Lim00n,

This is a known problem with the Full Tilt software. It was supposedly caused by the Flash advert in the lobby and they removed this banner from the lobby. That was supposed to fix the crashing but unfortunately it still crashes.

I know that the software now allows crash reports to be taken. You can send this to Full Tilt Poker support and they will look into the problem.

King Regards,
      Toby
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Make sure you run FTP as administrator. Sometimes mine crashes too, but not on a consistent basis after 30 minutes ?( FYI: I run vista.

See if that helps.
      Joronamo.
    • Lim00n
      Lim00n
      Bronze
      Hey,

thank you for your help, i've allso contacted FTP support and they basically suggested the same (running as admin).
      The thing is... the problem seems wierd, it doesn't seem to occur on Rush poker, but there's a different problem on Rush. Sometimes one of my hole cards is hidden (well..not hidden but i can't see it :) ) or i sometimes can't see the amount a player bets/raises.
      Hopefully the admin thing will help with that aswell, haven't really had a chance to try it :( .

Ty for your help!
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      It used to crash for me too but not regularly, mostly when I have 16tables, but it didnt happen for a long time god bless. IF you dont see your hole cards or cards from the flop are missing, just move ur cursor there and you will see in text, like Ac,xD ,yh (ace club, x diamond, y heart). this happend alot with me too, and its annoying, especially when I didnt know you can see the cards like this too.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lizocain
      IF you dont see your hole cards or cards from the flop are missing, just move ur cursor there and you will see in text, like Ac,xD ,yh (ace club, x diamond, y heart).
      You mean a tooltip ;)

Still that is a great annoyance, and sometimes tooltips dont work if you have looked at it pretty recently. I honestly would not play until this issue is fixed man. I would backup your player notes and player settings file, and reinstall FTP. If that doesnt work, format your computer and install FTP...its annoying and time consuming but its the only way to guarantee a fix.

Take above into consideration^but just realised, the cards problem is most likely an error caused by a mod? Do you mod your FTP client with custom themes, chips and cards? If so, that is a real possible cause for your cards errors and crashing. Mods can interfere with the directory settings and cause these kinds of problems.
    • Wizard101
      Wizard101
      Bronze
      must admit, sometimes on rush tourneys, at the later stages of these, something happens where i get moved to another table, yet the players names and bet sizies aren't there....prior to this its like a freeze, where i get made to sit out a few hands....very frustrating when your down to the last 15 and u can ill afford to lose blinds...it comes back but at that stage uve lost like 10-15% of ur stack, has such a tilting effect too