[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Aa

• jxb1977
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , A:club:
      UTG1 raises to $0.08, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.51) K:club: , 6:club: , 5:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.30, UTG1 raises to $1.25, Hero raises to $1.97 (All-In), UTG1 calls $0.51 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($4.03) 2:diamond:
      River: ($4.03) 8:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.03

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ad Ac)
      UTG1 shows three of a kind, kings (Kh Kd)

UTG1 wins with three of a kind, kings (Kh Kd)

Hi there, i went broke here because i thought with the flush draw and overpair i had enough equity. After looking at it on the equilator i still think that was correct as i put villain on KK or AK which would give me 73% equity.

My question is are my thoughts correct? Is the villain ever going broke there with AK or is he only ever got KK?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

No way you get away from that really. A lot of people still call with AKo out of position instead of 4-betting when they think your 3-betting range is really tight and probably will play TPTK like that because of how drawy the board is. Even if you're wrong about that you still have flush outs, you shouldn't be looking to fold the first time around.

It's a bit different once you've seen that hand, since you now know villain didn't even 4-bet with KK out of position, which tells you a few things. First if he ever 4-bets you in that spot I'd strongly consider just dumping stuff like QQ/AK maybe even KK if I see him flatcall KK twice. And then if he only calls with KK, there is a chance he just folds AKo, which somewhat changes his range in that spot.

Hope it helps.