$12.97
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO (Hero):
      $12.59
      BU:
      $13.64

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1.00, BU calls $1.00, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.70.

Flop: ($3.15) 2, Q, A (3 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.90, BU calls $1.90, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($6.95) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.30, Hero raises to $9.69(All-In), BU calls $6.39.

River: ($26.33) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $26.33.
      Results follow:

BU shows three of a kind, queens(Q Q).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(A K).

BU wins with three of a kind, queens(Q Q).

Guy was playing 16/14/2.5/8.2 vpip/pfr/agg fact/3-bet seems like reg with mega 3-bet range out of 1k hands.
      It was hard to fold this sinec only 2 hands i can give him beat me is AQ and QQ and he could bet like this with AJ or AK(most likley)
      How to play this hand out differently? and should i bet the turn? cos he is shoving or folding anyway...!
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Tight players usually understand the gap concept and their play is based on that, even they don't know it and just follow some starting hand chart. Tight villains with a loose 3-betting range are just counting on you over-adjusting. Here is how it goes: they play just as tight as ever when they get 3-bet or 4-bet, but they will take the initiative and 3-bet trash hands if given the opportunity. Then other tags just assume that because they 3-bet a lot they're overall playing loose against 3-bets, which is wrong. As a side note tight players at microstakes also tend to suck at valuebetting on the turn and prefer a "pot control" check-back line even with hands like TPGK (which in that particular spot would actually be correct but that's almost beside the point).

So he is NOT coldcalling your 3-bet with AJ EVER, I doubt he shows up with AQ either. You'll see (well figure of speech, since he's folding you won't actually see it :p) some of these guys dump AK in that spot. The most likely hands for him say "there is a raise and reraise before me, I'm not going anywhere I call" are QQ+/AK, actually more weighted towards KK+ than QQ/AK since it's usually better to squeeze with those hands because they're harder to play postflop (AK not hitting, overcards to QQ).

Given that on the turn we beat only KK and we're not even sure he wouldn't fold the AQx flop 3-way with that, even if he calls the flop he will NEVER bet the turn himself with that hand. Even if we somehow add AJs to his range he won't even valuebet that hand most of the time, he'll check back with it. Apart from that we're dead against AA/QQ and AQ if somehow he has that, and we tie with AK which again he might just check back. So I wouldn't check/shove ever it doesn't make any sense. Even the value in betting to begin with is unclear. And I can't bring myself to advocate a check/call either given how hard it is for him to show up with worse AND actually bet with it. So as much as it hurts, it just looks like a check/fold to me.

Hope it helps.
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

Tight players usually understand the gap concept and their play is based on that, even they don't know it and just follow some starting hand chart. Tight villains with a loose 3-betting range are just counting on you over-adjusting. Here is how it goes: they play just as tight as ever when they get 3-bet or 4-bet, but they will take the initiative and 3-bet trash hands if given the opportunity. Then other tags just assume that because they 3-bet a lot they're overall playing loose against 3-bets, which is wrong. As a side note tight players at microstakes also tend to suck at valuebetting on the turn and prefer a "pot control" check-back line even with hands like TPGK (which in that particular spot would actually be correct but that's almost beside the point).

So he is NOT coldcalling your 3-bet with AJ EVER, I doubt he shows up with AQ either. You'll see (well figure of speech, since he's folding you won't actually see it :p) some of these guys dump AK in that spot. The most likely hands for him say "there is a raise and reraise before me, I'm not going anywhere I call" are QQ+/AK, actually more weighted towards KK+ than QQ/AK since it's usually better to squeeze with those hands because they're harder to play postflop (AK not hitting, overcards to QQ).

Given that on the turn we beat only KK and we're not even sure he wouldn't fold the AQx flop 3-way with that, even if he calls the flop he will NEVER bet the turn himself with that hand. Even if we somehow add AJs to his range he won't even valuebet that hand most of the time, he'll check back with it. Apart from that we're dead against AA/QQ and AQ if somehow he has that, and we tie with AK which again he might just check back. So I wouldn't check/shove ever it doesn't make any sense. Even the value in betting to begin with is unclear. And I can't bring myself to advocate a check/call either given how hard it is for him to show up with worse AND actually bet with it. So as much as it hurts, it just looks like a check/fold to me.

Hope it helps.
      nice post. $$$
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      whell thanks for reply. Really good explanation!