Warning about William Hills!

• strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      Hello Everyone,
      Just wanted to share my beautiful experience with William Hills Cashier system. :evil:

When you sign up you are offered tons of ways to deposit money and everything works pretty fine, easy and smooth but when it comes to withdrawing thats a whole different story...

I deposited and played few hands, after I made some money I wanted to withdraw but that doesn't look like possible, I had answer a bunch of questions and still that is not enough, now I need to send them my ID photo, phone bills and passport just to be able to make a withdrawal, this is a very big pain in the ass since they didn't ask for none of these documents when I first deposited. My money is now stucked in William Hills and I hate them :)

Be aware.
  • 29 replies
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Yeah, they're definitely the only site that does ID checks. So unfair towards players...
    • Octhellior
      Octhellior
      Bronze
      I discovered the same thing a few days ago.

Deposited, played some hands, noticed the software is total crap, wanted to withdraw but... ooooh no. Anyone of any age can deposit and start playing for real money, but as soon as you want to withdraw they need to verify your age all of a sudden.

Anyway, I talked to someone at support and he advised me to scan my id and mail it to them, which I did. About 2 hours later I received a mail saying they were able to verify my age and all restrictions on my account were lifted.

So all in all it was just a minor inconvenience but still very annoying when you want your money and find out you can't get it immediately.
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Funny how they don't ID check you when you deposit....
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      i second these opinions. their software is not very user friendly.

they also initially did not honour thier new player deposit cash bonus of 10 pounds. they only gave me USD10. after which, talking to the online support, after some resistance, they IMMEDIATELY credited me with another USD 4.35. feels fishy. it appears that they may be aware that they were supposed to give 10 pounds.

most importantly are the ID checks. it appears that they require u to send ID photos to them in order for a withdrawal. even bigger sites like pokerstars and full tilt poker dont do this.

on top of these are the irritating advertisements that keep popping up when u are trying to clarify something with the online support. there is not just one or 2 advertisements. i think there can be like 4 of them in each situation.

if i had a choice i would not deposit again with william hill.

once i withdraw i will never play there again.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey folks

I can understand there being some consternation at the perceived double standard regarding deposits and withdrawls, however I can assure that this is completely standard behaviour in the industry and is more the rule than the exception. As a default I would recommend anyone to contact the poker rooms support to verify their account before depositing to ensure there are no problems down the line when you eventually want to withdraw.

And clearly, no poker room is going to be too picky about deposits as they will assume you have read their terms and conditions when you make the deposit.

OP, I'm sure once you've verified your account you will have no problems making withdrawls, but I can assure you this is highly unlikely the first and last time you will need to supply these documents to a poker room in order to withdraw.

As for the software please note that William Hill is part of the iPoker network, so you will find that it is the same on a few of PS.com's partner rooms (ie Titan, Mansion, Bet365, BetFred).
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I actually got this for depositing: need ID, card photo, card statement

now i cant play which is a pain and it fucks me off cos its not like they declined my deposit, they took my money but now i cant use it.

dirty sluts
    • tvalberg
      tvalberg
      Bronze
      I dont see the problem

I had to verify my age as well, before i could deposit.

But isn't that a good thing? Do we really want 16 year old kids on the poker sites?

I would say NO NO!

And what the big deal? Scan your ID and email it to support, and whoalla > few moments later you are verified.

At least i do not have any problems with verifying my age/Identity. In fact it makes them look more serious, as they want to keep kids away.

Anyway, just my opinion
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      Hey tvalberg the thing is that they are verifying your age for withdrawal and not deposits, anyways on their defend I sent my ID photo and a phone bill statement and now everything is ok, it was less painful than first thought.
    • NiekamNeidomu
      NiekamNeidomu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Hey folks

I can understand there being some consternation at the perceived double standard regarding deposits and withdrawls, however I can assure that this is completely standard behaviour in the industry and is more the rule than the exception. As a default I would recommend anyone to contact the poker rooms support to verify their account before depositing to ensure there are no problems down the line when you eventually want to withdraw.

And clearly, no poker room is going to be too picky about deposits as they will assume you have read their terms and conditions when you make the deposit.

OP, I'm sure once you've verified your account you will have no problems making withdrawls, but I can assure you this is highly unlikely the first and last time you will need to supply these documents to a poker room in order to withdraw.

As for the software please note that William Hill is part of the iPoker network, so you will find that it is the same on a few of PS.com's partner rooms (ie Titan, Mansion, Bet365, BetFred).
      cant stop laughing now.. gj +1!
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Here's an email I just sent to WH support:

I have been trying to make a withdrawl for over a week now and feel as though I am being run around in circles by the online support team.

I have a marstercard with westpac australia that I used to make my initial deposite, the last 4 digits are xxxx. This is my first choice of withdrawl method. The online support told me that my bank would not allow withdrawls onto this card. I contaced the bank and they said this is not true. In addition, my friend who uses the same bank and the same type of account made a withdrawl to his credit card.

I was initially told by the online support that I could use my visa, a new zealand card, last 4 digits xxxx instead, this changed today when I was told I had to withdraw $222 to my westpac before i could use my visa.

Well they don't make it easy do they
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      iPoker (all skins included) is the biggest joke ever.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello bradomurder,

If you still have problems with William Hill Poker you also can contact our customer service. Please explain again your problem and they will help you with your issue.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • phamhai1994
      phamhai1994
      Bronze
      oh my god, i have just choosed them and play with 50$ . This fact make me worry T_T
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi phamhai1994,

William Hill is one of the largest bookermakers in UK. So no need to worry. Everything will be fine and if you have any problems you can contact us and we will help you. :)

Good luck on the tables,
      Hannes
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I wouldn't worry about them "stealing your money" but if you are plannig a withdrawl sort it out a couple of weeks in advance.

I still haven't been able to withdraw but at least the support team appear to be trying.
    • Bellerofont
      Bellerofont
      Bronze
      I had the same problems as you guys, not on the WH itself, but on an another skin of iPoker. I deposited in a spilt second, when I gathered 600 points for hm, I wanted to withdraw. And that was the moment when everything started. First, after 6 days of no respond from them, I contacted the online support, where they told me, that they had send me an email 5 days ago...which they did not. Then i had to send them ID and bills, and this was not easy (strosdegoz), because my address on my ID is the address of my parents, where I don't live for 5 years! So I had to go 100 km, scan the bills, return and send them to the support. Next day I have received the money. If ANYBODY would have told me that I will have to do all of this, I would never deposited there. That is why I will never use iPoker network again. The way they treat their custromers is unacceptable. It is not because they ask for ID and bills, because I can understand it is some sort of fraud and underage protection (like here), but because they ask you when you make withdrawal, not when you deposit. Some people maybe don't want to send other their ID or bills, and they should have an option not to. But at WH and other skins you dont have that option when your money are trapped, and you dont really have a choice. I know, that when you sign in, you should read terms and conditions, but truly, who does that. In a normal country with EU jurisdiction, that kind of treatment of customers would meet with an immediate respond of European Consumer Centres Network. Unfortunatelly, they are registrated on an island and they feel free to do what they want.
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Hi all,

The id checks when with drawing monies for your poker account/s are pretty standard all the site I play on have ask for this check. So I have save all relevant doc in a file so when they request the id check it takes a couple of mins to send. Plus most sites will give u $10 for ur time not too bad for 2 mins work.
    • Meatfly404
      Meatfly404
      Silver
      So far Ive made only one withdrawal from WH and it took only 1 day to process. On other iPoker skins or other poker rooms it takes usually 3 days before money come.
    • killingu
      killingu
      Bronze
      hey guy i am looking to withdrawal at will hill as well what is the best way. i didnt not made my first dep it was the $50 ps sent to me. now they ask me to made a first dep before i can withdrawal kinda not sure what to do now.