$5.15
      SB (Hero):
      $3.83
      BB:
      $5.20
      MP2:
      $6.13

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, BB calls $0.55, BU folds.

Flop: ($1.4) 9, 8, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BB raises to $4.60, Hero folds.

This one is not THAT interesting maybe, but I would like to know if that was the 100% correct play in that situation, always a pity to fold AK, but I think it was a good idea there.

Hand 2

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $7.02
      SB (Hero):
      $6.60
      BB:
      $5.03
      MP3:
      $3.69
      CO:
      $3.87

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5, K.
      2 folds, BU calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.03, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.15) 2, 3, 8 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, BU bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.35) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25.

River: ($0.85) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BU raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $6.20, BU calls $5.00.

Final Pot: $13.25.
      Results follow:

BU shows a flush, ace high(A 7).
      Hero shows a flush, king high(5 K).

BU wins with a flush, ace high(A 7).

This one pissed me off most of all the lost hands today...the results are important in this case. I completed from SB only because of the possible flush of course, chose the passive plan for the flush draw and completed on the turn. Everything seemed excellent until the showdown.
      The question: I thought the Villain would raise with a straight completed on the river, maybe set or even lower flush. Was there any way of knowing I was against a suited ace and mainly, was the all-in on the river too much?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd 3-bet to $0.7.

As for postflop, the better/tighter BB is the more I'd just check/fold that flop, he coldcalled the 3-bet in position which usually means some kind of pocket pair that is never going to fold on that board. Even if he has something like AQ he might not fold to a c-bet and then you're screwed out of position on the turn, and when you check the flop to him he'll probably just try and see a showdown with AQ-high. If BB is just some fish that could call there with all sorts of trash hands then by all means, go ahead and c-bet to take it down.

I'd just check/raise the flop with the flushdraw and take it from there. BU open-limped preflop and stabbed in position when checked to, which means provided he's at all aggressive his range is two cards.

As played on the turn I would bet out since I expect people to check back a lot on that card and when we bet out they'll raise a flush most of the time anyway so we'll build a pot no matter what against big hands, while still collecting from 8x/random 1 diamond combos in the process.

As played on the river when you donk out small it's unclear what he's capable of raising you with, so he might just call with low flushes or pot raise them depending on how he plays, resulting in you either losing value or being in a tough spot without the nuts. I would either donk closer to pot and fold to a raise or check with the intention of deciding between check/calling and check/raising small based on how big villain bets.

As played I do think the river shove was too much yes. While I think that giving villain a straight is a big stretch to begin and he likely wouldn't raise the river with sets, it's possible given how you played that villain still has a lower flush and raises you, but he usually won't call a 3-bet jam with it. So only hand you'll get called by for sure is the nut flush. Just call and see a showdown, it doesn't matter than you have the 2nd nuts if you never get called by anything except the nut flush, not shoving shouldn't feel "weak" in that spot.

Hope it helps.