[NL2-NL10] NL5 RUSH SH another AA fail

• h0m1e
      Such a stupid day today...When I have kings he has aces, when I have aces he has nuts on the flop, what can I say...How can I cope with such massive losses all day??? I win with stupid hands like 22 or J6 or something like that and when I finally have a strong hand he has a monster....

So the statistics show him a loose player so I didn't gave him more than a king on the flop , possibly with TT or JJ, even QQ. But T7? C'mon.....

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, BU folds, SB raises to $0.29, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.70, SB calls $0.41.

Flop: ($1.45) K, 7, 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.61, Hero raises to $12.99, SB calls $5.00.

Turn: ($20.05) 8 (2 players)

River: ($20.05) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.05.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and sevens(A A).
      SB shows three of a kind, sevens(7 T).

SB wins with three of a kind, sevens(7 T).
  • 4 replies
    • tcs35
      Raise more PF, 4bet more PF and you won't run into these spots as often :)
    • johnbeattie85
      You could probably make 4bet slightly larger since he min 3bet, but besides that it's all good.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      You could probably make 4bet slightly larger since he min 3bet, but besides that it's all good.
      Agreed on preflop.

Postflop it's a really dry board and your shove is quite big, I'd take some other line with the assumption that I have the best hand a lot of the time. Maybe just call the flop and shove over his turn bet or tank-small-raise the flop with the intention of looking full of shit and maybe induce something stupid from him. We're never folding so we'll take the cooler either way, I just think there are better ways to get the money in against the weakest parts of his range.

As for the usual "running bad, feeling bad" speech it's not like there is some magic formula to make it all better. The goal is just to play the best you can and not doubt yourself more than you should based on how you played against villains' ranges, not what happened at showdown. I'd advise playing regular tables as well, as rush only increases the amount of readless-by-default plays you have to make, which means you must be ok with taking bad beats even more than when you're following your reads.

Hope it helps.

Hope it helps.
    • h0m1e
      Thanks, the more I play the more I get used to these bad beats, at rush playing so many hands increases variance,I think I was on tilt when playing these hand. I need to improve more on the psychological side of poker.

Thanks again guys.