This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ: 4bet, call or fold?

• bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6.08)
      BB ($3.76) (Vp=14/pfr=12)
      UTG ($5.15)
      Hero ($6.87)
      UTG+2 ($2)
      CO ($5.20)
      BTN ($5)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.17, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.17, SB calls $0.15, BB raises to $0.85, fold, fold, fold

BB wins $0.68

I think this is a bit tight. call, raise or fold?
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I would probably just close my eyes and shove. Players bought in for less than 100bb will generally be 3beting a bit wider, there's money in the pot, and your not risking as much given lower stack sizes. It could be a fold if it's just a really tight tag that doesn't auto reby, but I would still be reluctant since it's possible that he squeezes worse hands.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd probably just close my eyes and fold. The question is basically whether we wanna bet 75bb more that the 14/12 BB is bluffing often enough to balance the times when he is for sure playing AK/QQ+ exactly like that. We also opened from MP it's not like BB should be really happy to squeeze light. So I'd tend to answer "no".

I don't think jamming is horrible by I usually just stay away from bluff-catching against nits for stacks, which is basically what we're doing until we get further reads on BB.

Hope it helps.