The best way to handle downswing???

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hello guys.
      I am having pretty big downswing in last 3 days and no matter how I tighten my game I still suffer from huge losses.
      cureently I am playing SSS stragegy on NL15/30 on BWIN.
      I had great upswing wiithn next 10 days or so whree I beat 2 limits NL10 and NL20, but 3days ago it started very badly for me.

Yesterday I menaged to pull just minus of 27$ out of -55 I had, so I called it a day and went reading and watching videos.

Today my bad luck still continues.

I played just 178 hands on 4 tables and menage to lose with pocket AA, against JJ, TT against pocket 77, and for finnish lost 40BB with A :heart: K :heart: agsinst A :spade: Q :spade: on board A :club: K :club: Q :club: 7 :spade: Q :heart:

Now obviously I have some bad luck in reserve and great urge, to go back at tables and grind, which I dont think its good decisions.

I wonder, should I stop playing for days or two and dedicate my 3hdailly of poker to study and not playing, or maybe just leave everything to settle and do other things in my life?

How do you handle this things generally ?
  • 11 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Fap to the nutz next time. here's a thread about it :D
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      really helpful and insightful advices guys, thank you very much, helped me a lot... not.

Obviously if I would know how not to give a fuck, I wouldn't come here for advice.
      And if I could do that mambo jambo shit to flop whatever I wish to flop, probably this thread wouldnt be opened, and I would be co owner of McDonalds.

If there is a score for posts I give 1 for both of your reply's.

No offense but I find them both pretty idiotic.

Cheers
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      play less tables and shorter sessions
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hey everyone,

There is no need to post images or videos that might annoy or offend the original poster.

Sinnology here are a few tips:

• Make sure that you are motivated and you want to continue playing poker otherwise there is no point
      • Make sure that you are reviewing your hand histories and try to fix leaks that are in your game
      • Make sure you are watching videos to improve your game
      • Make sure you are reading articles to improve your game
      • Make sure you are sticking to BRM and move down a limit if you need too

Hope this helps you

King Regards,
      Toby
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      My pic was a fair question. You haven't Tilted badly till you've tackled a horse :D
    • cataah
      cataah
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      My pic was a fair question. You haven't Tilted badly till you've tackled a horse :D
      :D :D :D
      good point
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      How to handle downswings is very personal, eventually you'll reach yourself the Nirvana and you'll be able to just don't give a fuck as suggested (awesome video NightFrosta :f_love: ), in the while, take it easy and if you're annoyed just stop playing and take a break.

Each and everyone has his own way and you'll have to try and find your own, some suggestion have been given, here's how I dealt with it.

There's not much to do or think in SSS, so at times I was getting bored and wanted to try something fancy, which can't work with a short stack, so I was opening more tables to keep myself busy and stick strictly to the chart.

If instead of being me was the variance, well, it has to turn good again, cant really go bad forever, so I was opening more tables to play more hands and force variance by numbers, it can't rain at all the time.

• noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      The poker mindset by Ian Taylor and Matthew Hilger. Buy it. Great book.
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Guys thx.
      Sorry if I was bit rude to first to posters, I was pretty angry yesterday and in that state made some really bad things, among them was a post I wrote above.
      I will take the days of poker and dedicate improving other areas of my life.

cheers