Poker bots works?

• toltec444
      toltec444
      Bronze
      I have entered in a site that has two poker bots for, they claim that the software plays for you. I didnt install the program because im affraid thats an virus, do you anything about this?

xxx
  • 17 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Would anybody who has a working bot give it away for free instead of making tons of money?
      Pokerbots exist but they aren't perfect and they are for sure not for free.

Because I fera like you did that there might be a virus in it I edited your link.
    • jefeche
      jefeche
      Bronze
      LOL
    • Barne
      Barne
      Bronze
      Free ones are most likely scams and virusses, trying to steal your passwords probbably. The ones for sale do work but won't make you much money since their so obvious in the long run and will only get your pokerroom account banned and your money lost.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by toltec444
      I have entered in a site that has two poker bots for, they claim that the software plays for you. I didnt install the program because im affraid thats an virus, do you anything about this?

xxx
      WTF is this kind of thinking ? What you are saying here is that if you were not afraid that its a virus you would download the bot and attempt to cheat.
      If you wanna make money from poker you gonna have to work your way to it.
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Anyone who downloads a "poker bot" and finds his poker account drained got exactly what he deserved.
    • Xzorius
      Xzorius
      Bronze
      Offcourse there are poker bots.

As a student software development, i know for a fact that making one is not the hardest thing to do.

If you put some effort into it, you can even make it consider data from PokerTracker or other poker software to make certain decisions.

So, existence is not realy a issue.

A free one probably means that it's a virus or it has like a keylogger integrated.
      Because eventhough it's easy to make, it still takes time to put all pieces together and make a decent one. So, if you did all that work, why would you want to give it away and risk it being discovered and lead to bans from poker software?
    • toltec444
      toltec444
      Bronze
      Im concerned about playing against bots, thats why I´d like to know if it works and exists, dont want to use them.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Barne explained it pretty good I think. They get banned from the pokersites very fast and the money qill be tranfered back.

Here a copy from from TheBryce a blogger at xxx:

Dear Freedom25,

Upon conclusion of a recent investigation of cash game play, we have determined that opponents of yours used unauthorized automated software while playing.

In this instance, we have seized the account balances of the offending players and redistributed it to players who were victimized. The calculation was based on the number of hands played against the offending players as well as the amount won or lost against them.

With this redistribution, we have determined that your are entitled to a refund of $2629.29, which will be placed in your account in the next 4-6 hours.

For various reasons, we are unable to advise you of the names of the players or any other information regarding this case; we thank you for your understanding in this regard.

Here at Full Tilt Poker, we investigate every concern of suspicious activity at our tables. The vigilance of our players is one of the strongest weapons we have in our ongoing battle against illegal play. If you become suspicious of any behavior, chat, or action at our tables, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@fulltiltpoker.com.

We wish you best of luck at the tables, and if there's any other way we can be of assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Full Tilt Poker
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      There are bots out there running undetected, quite a lot of them you can be sure. Here's the good news: they're far from all winners, the winners aren't big winners and (not so good news if you play limited hold'em) there are more limit bots than NL bots. The bad news is that sites really aren't catching many of them, just a token few and almost exclusively they only even investigate after an accusation.

Eventually they'll be a real concern, but as long as the games are thoroughly beatable, it's best not to worry and just try to make the most of it.
    • DanielChico
      DanielChico
      Bronze
      ...how can I recognize a bot?...
    • DanielChico
      DanielChico
      Bronze
      http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/07/25/289607.aspx
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi DanielChico!

Please take a look at this news and the thread: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/Man-vs.-Machine_00850

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • kajzr
      kajzr
      Bronze
      Hm, i think that SSS for example is a very pure bot strategy. Let the bot grind 20 tables on 5c/10c and it will maybe bring you a little profit. :)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kajzr
      Hm, i think that SSS for example is a very pure bot strategy. Let the bot grind 20 tables on 5c/10c and it will maybe bring you a little profit. :)
      ...or a very big lawsuit :D
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Yeah, the systems that the poker sites have in place for detecting the bots are based on the bot being run on the same computer as the poker software; they don't allow for remote access.

Whether or not they go so far as to have algorithms and code to detect 'bot like' actions i don't know but I would think this is a very hard if not impossible task.

I guess the bot would never make a mathmatically incorrect decision where as even the best poker players will at some point.
    • whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      I cannot see a bot working well on higher limits at all. Too many reads involved imo. Correct decision may involve table image, specific lines made previously, etc.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I believe on Absolute or Ultimatebet there's a few winning (?) 15/30 FL HU bots I believe, at least I read something like that on 2+2