This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 AK

• jakosamlud
      jakosamlud
      Bronze
      $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      10 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($5)
      UTG+1 ($0.97)
      UTG+2 ($1.18)
      MP1 ($2.74)
      Hero ($2.65)
      MP3 ($4.01)
      CO ($1)
      BTN ($2.15)
      SB ($2.26)
      BB ($4.70)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 10 players) Hero is MP2 K A
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 raises to $0.24, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.16

Flop: K 3 2 ($0.51, 2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.34, Hero goes all-in $2.41, MP3 calls $2.07

Turn: 3 ($5.33, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 9 ($5.33, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $5.33

Villain is 24/15/1.7/9.4 - vpip/pfr/aggf/3bet after 136 hands. That's all I know about him.
      I don't like going broke with AKo preflop 130bb deep so I just called his 3bet with intention to go broke if I hit either A or K and fold to cbet if I miss. Is this ok? or is calling bad and I should 4bet-shove preflop or 4bet 3x his 3bet? and what if he calls my 4bet and I miss the flop? shove or check/fold?
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I think you can easily 4bet here against 9.4 3bet and play for stacks. Make it normal 4bet 3x because you are OOP and shove on every flop.

Well it's not a good idea to play OOP only if you hit so if you wanna do that just fold preflop.

As played preflop on the flop c/c seems reasonable to let him bluff with worst pairs and c/push on every turn. You can't avoid KK+ or AK there but you can make him bet sth like QQ or JJ there.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop is somewhat dicey, you're actually close to not being committed to calling a shove if you 4-bet small, since villain's range for 3-bet/shoving 130bb MP3vsMP2 probably looks something like QQ+/AK and he could just call the 4-bet to put you in a weird spot. 4-bet/calling should probably still be your first choice, tho I don't mind calling even out of position with the intention of not folding AK-high on most flops to make up for all the times he's actually c-betting with garbage. Second option kinda requires you hand-reading decently and might lead to spews if you don't know what you're doing tho.

Postflop the truth is after villain c-bet bluff his air on the flop it's very hard for him to continue with worse hands than Kx, so if you check/jam you'll always go up against a range of like AK/KK+. Just because you made a hand you don't think you can ever fold doesn't mean you get the money value by just check/jamming it, so like kymupa said, you're usually better off check/calling down or check/calling flop & check/shoving turn if there isn't much money behind.

Hope it helps.