UTG+1 ($1.17)
      MP1 ($1.01)
      MP2 ($1.40)
      Hero ($2.79)
      BTN ($2.02)
      SB ($1.16)
      BB ($2.21)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 8 players) Hero is CO Q Q
      UTG raises to $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, UTG raises to $0.93, Hero raises to $2.52, UTG goes all-in $1.35

Flop: J 7 9 ($4.83, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: J ($4.83, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 6 ($4.83, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $4.83

Villain is unknown, played just 5 hands with him. Is it ok to go broke preflop with QQ against unknown for 100bb?
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, normally against unknown on FR table who is raising from UTG it's not OK. But since this is NL2 I think we can't get that easy from our QQ here because guys here like overplay sth like that TT+, AJs+, KQs, AQo+ or even worse. I think you have to call and make a note on him.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well I'm not opposed to the idea of felting QQ against unknowns at nl2 but I usually don't do it myself without a reason to. It's a huge mistake if the guy happens to be a reg and it might not even be a good play against a lot of fish that are really tight 4-betters. He also opened to 5x right off the bat for some reason.

I'll usually take a slower line and just flat it, to play postflop in position. People play face-up enough that you can make decent postflop decisions with hands that aren't huge preflop favorites when people get all-in. I think people at microstakes overvalue hands like QQ against unknowns and end up wasting most of their profits in so-called "preflop coolers" without a good reason to.

I wouldn't mind 3-betting it if villain had made a normal raise but 5bb feels odd enough that it would force me into a 3-bet/fold without reads, which would be sad when we can just see a flop in position.

Hope it helps.