This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Qq

• jakosamlud
      jakosamlud
      Bronze
      $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      8 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($2.28)
      UTG+1 ($1.17)
      MP1 ($1.01)
      MP2 ($1.40)
      Hero ($2.79)
      BTN ($2.02)
      SB ($1.16)
      BB ($2.21)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 8 players) Hero is CO Q Q
      UTG raises to $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, UTG raises to $0.93, Hero raises to $2.52, UTG goes all-in $1.35

Flop: J 7 9 ($4.83, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: J ($4.83, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 6 ($4.83, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $4.83

Villain is unknown, played just 5 hands with him. Is it ok to go broke preflop with QQ against unknown for 100bb?
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, normally against unknown on FR table who is raising from UTG it's not OK. But since this is NL2 I think we can't get that easy from our QQ here because guys here like overplay sth like that TT+, AJs+, KQs, AQo+ or even worse. I think you have to call and make a note on him.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well I'm not opposed to the idea of felting QQ against unknowns at nl2 but I usually don't do it myself without a reason to. It's a huge mistake if the guy happens to be a reg and it might not even be a good play against a lot of fish that are really tight 4-betters. He also opened to 5x right off the bat for some reason.

I'll usually take a slower line and just flat it, to play postflop in position. People play face-up enough that you can make decent postflop decisions with hands that aren't huge preflop favorites when people get all-in. I think people at microstakes overvalue hands like QQ against unknowns and end up wasting most of their profits in so-called "preflop coolers" without a good reason to.

I wouldn't mind 3-betting it if villain had made a normal raise but 5bb feels odd enough that it would force me into a 3-bet/fold without reads, which would be sad when we can just see a flop in position.

Hope it helps.