BB dragonet ($17.39)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 K: K:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.35, 3 folds, dragonet calls $0.25

Flop: J: :8s: :9s: ($0.75, 2 players)
      dragonet bets $0.75, Hero ????????????

Turn: T: ($2.25, 2 players)
      dragonet bets $2.25, Hero ?????????

54/11/1.5/363

What play is the best flop and turn??????????????
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I think he is more playing like that with stuff like two pair or sets. Against two pair we are 52/48 against set we are 35/65. So I think you can raise there and play for stacks.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say without having played with villain, after 360+ hands you should have a lot better reads on his postflop tendencies than we do.

Like kymupa said, if you believe he's capable of doing that with worse hands and continuing to a raise with them, you can just raise it up and go broke. The only hand that totally smokes you is the nutflush. If he usually doesn't donk out like that and/or you've seen him play stuff like two pairs passively, I'd be a lot more worried and would likely end up just calling as well.

As played the turn adds a 4-straight to the 3-flush board, which should scare the hell out of stuff as strong as 99 and yet villain continues to bet pot saying he doesn't care, which polarizes his range somewhat unless he's just a monkey pushing buttons.

Frankly I don't think calling again is bad but it'll result in so many ugly river spots it might not be worth it. If a Q hits and he pots it we have no idea whether it's good or not, if a spade hits and villain shoves we'll hate life as well, if it's a blank and villain was bluffing all alone he's probably going to blindly pot it again and we'll be hard pressed to call him down. Rather than putting in more passive dead money on the turn when i have a feeling we won't get to see a showdown for free on many rivers, I think I'd rather fold the turn and forget about it.

Hope it helps.