[NL2-NL10] NL10 AQ(utg2), slowplay, fr

• TetraQuark
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q, A.
      Hero raises to $0.40, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.40, 3 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.3) K, J, T (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.60, SB folds, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.5) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.00, Hero raises to $2.50, MP2 calls $1.50.

River: ($7.5) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, MP2 raises to $6.30, Hero calls $3.30.

Final Pot: $20.1.

Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, ace high(Qh Ad).
      MP2 shows (Kh Th).

What do you think about the hand? I know, don`t c/r turn because of fd and as played bet bigger on turn. But I am wondering more aboute the b/c on river. Guy is a 40/10 fish.
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      You can bet sth like 0.85 on the flop. Very often they hit that flop and you will get paid off. It's unlikely for them to continue on other streets if they have nothing (maybe if they hit a set but this will happen only 5% of the times).
      On the turn I like the raise because it would be hard to get the money in on the river in a pot of $4.5. And he is playing like he has sth and he is calling you everything you raise.

Of course you are calling the river - you need to be ahead in only 16% of the situations to be profitable and it is. Especially against a fish.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd be playing that a lot faster regardless, those boards are filled with two pairs / pair + OESD / pair + GS hands which everybody is calling with no matter how big you make it. I would just bet out something like $1.1, people with come along to a bet even with QT-like hands and will for sure at least call KQ/KJ/KT/TJ stuff, maybe even raise/call with them.

As played check/raise big whatever bet MP2 makes it, people rarely bet/fold that spot they always have some kind of draw or top pair when they bet to begin with.

As played on the turn I'd probably just donk out close to pot, tho it's hard to say since I rarely put myself in that spot. But MP2's weak bet on the flop didn't really convince me that he's likely to bet the turn again, so I'd like to prevent the check back.

As played on the river frankly it's a pure "nice pot odds, just call and hope he's an idiot" call. Because I don't think MP2 bets Tx twice on flop/turn unless he already has two pairs (i expect people to check back the turn with stuff like QT really often), which means on the river he can't really have naked trips. So it really looks to me like he has a boat but the pot odds force us to call it off if we have even the slightest doubt, which we always have.

Hope it helps.