[NL2-NL10] AJ just fold to flop minraise?

• bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Villian is playing 35/5 only 20 hands

i'm burning money in these spots, do i try take it away or just fold to the minraise?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.36)
      BB ($6.50)
      UTG ($4.09)
      UTG+1 ($5.71)
      UTG+2 ($1.62)
      Hero ($5.08)
      MP2 ($1.56)
      CO ($2.56)
      BTN ($3.54)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: J:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.17, fold, CO calls $0.17, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.41) 6:club: 5:spade: 2:spade:

Hero bets $0.28, CO raises to $0.56, Hero calls $0.28

TURN ($1.53) 6:club: 5:spade: 2:spade: 4:spade:

Hero checks, CO checks

RIVER ($1.53) 6:club: 5:spade: 2:spade: 4:spade: T:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero folds

CO wins $1.43
  • 2 replies
    • Escobario
      Escobario
      Bronze
      from my limited experience with micro loose passive guys, if hes raising u like that, he probably has AT LEAST 2 pair, probably something good... fold to it imo.

normally they would just be going call call call or call call raise with their shit overcards or 1 pairs or draws.

then again, im hardly an expert
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Just fold the first time around, it's a crappy board for broadway hands. You have no idea what he's doing that with so you have no clue whether your A/J "outs" are live or not and whether you can actually push him off anything on later streets or not. Could be you're already drawing close to dead, could be he's doing that with 5x but doesn't plan on folding it anyway, could be he's doing that with pure air but he will continue to bluff until the end so you won't have a chance to actually "take it away".

If he does it again a few times and you start seeing a pattern you can then construct a range for him that includes a lot of nothing hands and start pulling 3-bets or out of position floats on him.

Hope it helps.