What your take on bluffers?

• Kidsoldja
      Kidsoldja
      Basic
      I played 1 game with hiper agressive villain , he bluffed like 50% of pots , raise 2 BB pf then cbet 30% of his stack. I fodled like crazy and every I did fold and he had air he showed me.

He was practically showing me how much could I have been bluffed.

How do i play against this guy who raises pf then cbets big , like 50% of hands - the others he folds pf.

He never called , always folded or reraised , and slowplayed 2 pairs.

Twice he went all in pf after my reraise then showed me crappy hands (63 o and 94 o).

He was mocking me , and I felt into his trap (called t400 bet with TPTK - he has 3 of a kind , and other mistakes).

What to do against such a douche ?
  • 46 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      It's pretty obvious if he slowplays when he does have a hand.

Just reraise him all in preflop with a decent hand. I wouldn't try to bluff him back though. Basicaly just get it in when you got something good.
    • corsc
      corsc
      Bronze
      while the previous poster is right, i would recommend just leaving the table.

we want to play fish and while this guy may be one, there are a lot more people out there that are less stressful to take money from.
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Sounds like an ideal opp to play against imo.

If he raises small preflop and then bets huge on the flop.

Just call him preflop and raise him all in when you do hit the flop. Patience is the best vs players like this, don't get aggitated, just wait till you have a good hand.
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jeffers16
      Sounds like an ideal opp to play against imo.

If he raises small preflop and then bets huge on the flop.

Just call him preflop and raise him all in when you do hit the flop. Patience is the best vs players like this, don't get aggitated, just wait till you have a good hand.
      Exactly, sounds like you're getting huge implied odds so if you're in possition try to play a few more marginal hands that can hit big ie mid PPs, suited connectors, suited aces. Having said that, I personally would leave the table, maniacs will give their money away eventually but there is usually a lot of collateral damage in the process.
    • Kidsoldja
      Kidsoldja
      Basic
      wow didnt expect so many of you to say "leave the table" but after thinking about it ..it makes sense cuz its the collateral damage at the end that hurts the most..
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Oh didn't realise you could leave the table.. (sng player here lol :D ) But yeah, if you don't like to play against such players although they can be very profitable with the right strategy then just leave it xD
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      yeah just leave the table and go play a reg or something. making money is overrated. :D
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I would leave too. You get all his money once, he sucks out on you once, gets even, blah blah blah, you lose a lot of money through rake. And if he wins once, maybe he'll just leave, so you don't get a chance to get your money back. Just look for easier tables. You could also try SnGs (not only 1-Table). I think they are a lot easier than the low stakes cash games and here if you score, it's a good boost to your BR, while in a cash game you can only triple up in a best case scenario.

Good luck!
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      it hurts my head when bronze and silver people talk strategy
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa

It hurts my head that your trolling attempt failed so badly.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      im not trolling
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Consider yourself lucky if only bronze and silver people make your head hurt
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      "Hey look at me i'm a douchebag, it's so funny!"

:f_mad:
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      "Hey look at me i'm a douchebag, it's so funny!"

:f_mad:
      They do say the first step is realising you have a problem
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      if you have a big enough BR and can afford big swings, no way to leave the table.
      get it in on buttom pair.
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      I think the "leave the table" bit was suggested in all honesty only thinking of a cash game, but since here we are talking about a SNG, I hope that we can all agree that leaving the table is out of discussion and proceed with any other idea.

Once I've paid money to sit at my table I'd rather push him all-in with any 2 cards to piss him off than stand up without taking a chance.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by corsc
      while the previous poster is right, i would recommend just leaving the table.

we want to play fish and while this guy may be one, there are a lot more people out there that are less stressful to take money from.
      i disagree, this guy is asking for his money to be taken within a short time frame. what i'm saying is, while it may be "less stressful" to take money from your standard passive fish. this guy will be a lot more profitable for you in a short period of time if you adapt properly.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Playing on good sites > playing on tracked sites.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Leave the table..............are u mad?

You have identified the maniac, now take him down, tighten up and be patient.

But of course my advice is meaningless cos i'm only bronze (or maybe I'm just not tracked ihufa?)