This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ on button with overcard on flop

• Xiven
      Xiven
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.85
      BB:
      $12.35
      UTG1:
      $11.65
      UTG2:
      $5.30
      MP1:
      $9.70
      MP2:
      $11.60
      MP3:
      $24.85
      CO:
      $5.10
      BU (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.20, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.70, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.55) 8, K, 7 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.55) 6 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $4.00, UTG2 raises to $4.10, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($10.75) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.75

with the villains UTG minraise/call I can definitely imagine him having a K in his range (AK,AA,KK and wider).

This was my 3rd hand at the table so I don't have any reads on the villain.

If i was looking to get it in I should've probably re-raised flop bigger, to maybe 1.50+ and also make drawing for flush more expensive.

Generally my play is tight and passive and i feel that i am folding the best hand too frequently, especially if the villain bets when there are any overcards on the board.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you're not confident you can go broke for value but don't feel like folding a hand that is potentially best there is a simple solution: just call his small bets. He bet twice the same amount, chances are he'll bet the same on the river as well.

As for more aggressive lines, if I raise anywhere I'd probably just 3x it. I don't really expect villain to bet/jam too often but if he does and without reads that his preflop range is very wide, I don't really feel like calling it off.

Hope it helps.