[NL2-NL10] KK on dry board

• cutegoldfish
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, CO folds, BU raises to $1.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.70, BU calls $2.40.

Flop: ($7.55) 2, 2, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($7.55) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($7.55) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $6.95, Hero calls $6.95.

Final Pot: $21.45.

Results follow:

BU shows two pairs, aces and sixs(Ad 5d).
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and sixs(Ks Kd).

BU wins with two pairs, aces and sixs(Ad 5d).

i thought that he could be holding onto TT+. and either ways it was a wa/wb situation where the only card i feared was the A which appeared. and my line was to check/call to the river. the A and check behind on the turn suggested to me that opponent did not have a A and was probably on a lower pocket pair.
  • 1 reply
    • caltabiano

I think we should definitely be betting the flop. Think about the hands that pay us off here. It will basically be pocket pairs, right? Other hands he might have are AQ, maybe AJ, KQs (I don't know how loose this guy is)

Here's the thing: I doubt he's gonna bluff you in this spot, so by checking you get nothing from these high card hands, because he won't be bluffing and there's not sooo much value in letting him hit becasue if he indeed has AQ for example, 1/2 the time he hits he'll outdraw on us.

And if he has a pp, you want to see the money going in now, because if a Q or K peels, he won't feel so confortable with 99 or TT anymore.

He could even get stubborn with AQ and decide A high is good and just ship it on the flop.

I'd cb and get the money in. I'd probably cb a funky amount though. Something like $2, we'll both be commited anyway =)