$25.86
      SB:
      $25.00
      BB:
      $19.86
      MP2 (Hero):
      $26.39

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, J.
      Hero raises to $1.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $1.00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) J, 8, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, CO raises to $4.00,Hero..?

villian: 23/19/88hands
  • 3 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I like folding to his raise on this flop. He cold have many strong hands here, sets, 2pair, QT, besides strong draws that have a lot of equity. And we don't even have the top kicker for our J, so I guess folding is safer.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      I like folding to his raise on this flop. He cold have many strong hands here, sets, 2pair, QT, besides strong draws that have a lot of equity. And we don't even have the top kicker for our J, so I guess folding is safer.
      This,

he could have flopped two pair, sets and even a straight with QT. Of course he could also have a draw here but even if he really does play his draws aggresive, he's still got really good equity against us if he has a combo draw like A x which has pretty much a coinflip against us... hands like A 8 and T 8 are ahead I think (I've got no equilator or pokerstove at hand atm :p). Even a OESD + pair still has good equity against our hand.

In short... I don't think we are ever ahead of his range so I wouldn't bother looking for trouble here tbh.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think fold is better than call or 3-bet, since there can be a lot of turn and river card even if you´re ahead on the flop and I don´t think he is raising there with air
      So you´re basically flipping against his draws or are way behind against made hands