This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] kjo25nl (6max)

• maykel
      maykel
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $25.83
      CO:
      $28.86
      BU:
      $25.86
      SB:
      $25.00
      BB:
      $19.86
      MP2 (Hero):
      $26.39

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, J.
      Hero raises to $1.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $1.00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) J, 8, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, CO raises to $4.00,Hero..?

villian: 23/19/88hands
  • 3 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I like folding to his raise on this flop. He cold have many strong hands here, sets, 2pair, QT, besides strong draws that have a lot of equity. And we don't even have the top kicker for our J, so I guess folding is safer.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      I like folding to his raise on this flop. He cold have many strong hands here, sets, 2pair, QT, besides strong draws that have a lot of equity. And we don't even have the top kicker for our J, so I guess folding is safer.
      This,

he could have flopped two pair, sets and even a straight with QT. Of course he could also have a draw here but even if he really does play his draws aggresive, he's still got really good equity against us if he has a combo draw like A x which has pretty much a coinflip against us... hands like A 8 and T 8 are ahead I think (I've got no equilator or pokerstove at hand atm :p). Even a OESD + pair still has good equity against our hand.

In short... I don't think we are ever ahead of his range so I wouldn't bother looking for trouble here tbh.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think fold is better than call or 3-bet, since there can be a lot of turn and river card even if you´re ahead on the flop and I don´t think he is raising there with air
      So you´re basically flipping against his draws or are way behind against made hands