Speech tells

• Kidsoldja
      Kidsoldja
      Basic
      When playing live and are forced with a tough decision against villian, i.e. you got 4bet pre by a tight player while you hold KK, facing a big reraise with 2nd or 3rd nuts, etc.

And while you are in the tank, villian says, "I'll show if you fold."

Or, if you ask villian if he will show if you fold and he replies, "yes".. Or something similar... Do you interpret that as a strong hand most of the time?

What has your experience been guys just curious to know.
  • 10 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      It depends more on how he says it, rather than what he says. I only had homegames with friends, but usually when they had a strong hand they like to take their time to make you think they are weak.

For example, I was shortstacked in BB and the SB was like: "Hmmmm... I'm afraid he's gonna shove, I call." I look down, I see KJs with 4-5bb 3 handed, I shove. He shows aces and goes something like:"Hahaha, I knew you'd fell for it!". If it's a SnG I'd shove. In a cash game, I don't really know... I would still shove.It's second nuts preflop. It's like asking if you'd shove AAAA or straight flush when a royal flush is possible on the board.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I dont play live a lot, but I suppose the qustion has to be how often have you played villain and how often has he said it before...and what did he show then?
      NO exper t though and it's hard with QQ never mind KK live.
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      You should always look out when people do something out of their habbit. Like when there was a guy and he didn't say a word the whole evening suddenly starts chatting while he is playing a hand and just goes on and on it is often a sign that he wants to appear like he is not really paying attention. Or when a guy is talking to his friends the hole time suddenly shuts up and looks really concentrated, he will want to play his hand.
    • SirEdwardKnight
      SirEdwardKnight
      Bronze
      I had a homegame buddy i had a dead tell on! Whenever i had a tough decision against him i'd ask what he had or if he wanted me to call.The tell was his lower tone of voice! That is probably true for more people when they are really nervous!
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      neveer fold kings unless ur deep :D
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      really really deep
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      how deep?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      ~350bb deep
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      One guy I used to play against at a local tournament used to say "What's your high card?" when the flop came and was paired. The catch was, he only ever said it when he'd flopped a FH or Quads :P
      Flop came something like 9:diamond: 9:club: 2:heart: , he bets out smallish and says "whats your high card?" and I insta-folded my 7:spade: 7:club: . He showed 9:heart: 9:spade: :s_biggrin:
    • joshosun
      joshosun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kidsoldja
      When playing live and are forced with a tough decision against villian, i.e. you got 4bet pre by a tight player while you hold KK, facing a big reraise with 2nd or 3rd nuts, etc.

And while you are in the tank, villian says, "I'll show if you fold."

Or, if you ask villian if he will show if you fold and he replies, "yes".. Or something similar... Do you interpret that as a strong hand most of the time?

What has your experience been guys just curious to know.
      he makes an extra effort to make u fold so he probablly weak