$2.86
      BB:
      $1.34
      MP2 (Hero):
      $5.94
      MP3:
      $7.04

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K.
      Hero raises to $0.16, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.16, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.38) 3, 9, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.27, CO calls $0.27.

Turn: ($0.92) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.66, CO calls $0.66.

River: ($2.24) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.13, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.24.

Opp. stats: 78/8/1.6 (50 hands)

I must be ahead like 33% of the time for call to be profitable, i dont think hes pot betting for value here with weaker hand, so its either a bluff or better hand than mine and what i have noticed at least on this limit when fishes bet hard on river its like 90% nut hands
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Bet $1.40 on the river & fold vs a jam... he's playing 78/8, he's litterly got EVERY SINGLE Ax hand in his range. There's so many hands he can pay you off with it's not even funny. Check/folding the river here is just horrible imo.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      Bet $1.40 on the river & fold vs a jam... he's playing 78/8, he's litterly got EVERY SINGLE Ax hand in his range. There's so many hands he can pay you off with it's not even funny.
      This :) By checking you're giving him the option of checking behind all worse hands and betting all better hands into you. Since it's also not that easy for him to show up with pure air on that river and you don't know if he's bluff with it or not, check/calling isn't appealing at all. You're better off making sure you get value out of worse hands by betting yourself and if villain shoves over that bet you can be pretty sure you're smoked, so folding at that point isn't hard.

Hope it helps.