[NL2-NL10] NL5 sh AKo

• tomzs
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      3 folds, SB calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.16, SB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.32) 5, 9, A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.23, SB calls $0.23.

Turn: ($0.78) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24.

River: ($1.26) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

Final Pot: $2.46.

opp. stats: 70/5/0.6 (21 hand)

What to do on the turn? raise/fold? when fishes make these small bets its either they want to draw cheaply by hoping u wont raise or its a suckbet.

as played is it worth calling on the river when fd completed and 9x hands beat me? I think its fine to call less than a 1/2 pot bet here due to good odds , but what if he bets like 2/3 pot?
  • 3 replies
    • EgertS
      21 hand sample is way too small to make decisions based on the stats.

preflop raise is good. you could bet a little bit more on the flop, like 27-28c, to get value from weaker aces, pp and draws. definitely raise the turn cause there are now 2 flushdraws on the board. raise to 70-80c maybe to keep possible draws in. not sure what I would do it on the river. we get 1:2 odds so we need to be good 1 hand out of 3. there are soooo many hands that are in his calling range which beat you (98,99,9T,AQ,55,A9, flush). I wouldn't be worried of QQ or AA, because those hands would raise you pre. only hands you beat and which are in his calling range are A10, AJ (not sure really if they are cause he is OOP, but then again, its NL4, and they might even call you down with A2/A3 pre) and pocket pairs (77,88,TT,JJ).

difficult call. you might call him just to get a note. certainly fold if he bets 2/3 of the pot.
    • Mstlc
      I'm stationing this down once he donkbets the turn. We might still have the best hand and he might be making some retarded play with weak aces or something or try to pull of some weird bluff. Raising once he donkbets would be overplayed thou so that's not really an option imo. I wouldn't happy at all to get it in on the turn at least and raise/folding is burning money to imo.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I don't think raise/folding is bad unless you believe villain can bet/3bet with monsters and worse hands alike, which most of them won't. Villain will likely just call with plenty of worse hands including weak Ax hands and all sorts of draws that he's blockbetting with. When he bet/3bets you however, usually it means you're toast and you have very few outs so it's not like we're really sad to be folding once we know we're beat. It'll cost us about the same as calling the turn and calling a decent river bet but will yield more value against the range of hands that we do beat, unless we put villain on some pure bluff which I wouldn't.

River as played you're stuck with calling for that price I guess, on the offchance he's just playing some Ax hand retardedly. If he had bet bigger I'd probably have folded.

Hope it helps.