$11.49
      CO:
      $3.44
      BU (Hero):
      $5.02
      SB:
      $5.73

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K.
      MP3 raises to $0.16, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.56, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.18) A, J, 3 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.13, Hero calls $1.13.

Turn: ($3.44) Q (2 players)
      MP3 bets $9.80(All-In), Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.44.

Opp. stats: 29/7/2.4 (156 hands)

His openraising range is pretty tight and when he calls my 3bet i put him on AJ+, 1010+, so i cant see any weaker hand that would push on the turn, k im splitting against another AK but thats it
  • 3 replies
    • EgertS
      EgertS
      Bronze
      definitely fold on the turn. not sure what to do on the flop. is shove there an overkill? only hands beating us there are AA/33/AJ/JJ. AJ and 33 are out of his range I suppose, because he probably won't call so lightly OOP. we have a blocker for AA so thats unlikely also. JJ is possible.

Could someone smarter tell me if shove is a very bad move there (I mean shove on the flop)?
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      I think I'm flatting AKs here pre-flop against someone that raises 7% of his hands, especially if there's any calling stations in the blinds. I don't mind playing AKs in position post flop in a 3way pot. But 3betting is fine to if you wanna keep things simple.

As played I'm probably calling the flop & folding the turn to. I would not be surprised if he's flopped a set of jacks. This is a typical hand people are calling vs 3bets because they think it's not strong enough to 4bet but to strong to fold... most better hands they usually go broke with pre-flop right away.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      I think I'm flatting AKs here pre-flop against someone that raises 7% of his hands, especially if there's any calling stations in the blinds. I don't mind playing AKs in position post flop in a 3way pot. But 3betting is fine to if you wanna keep things simple.

As played I'm probably calling the flop & folding the turn to. I would not be surprised if he's flopped a set of jacks. This is a typical hand people are calling vs 3bets because they think it's not strong enough to 4bet but to strong to fold... most better hands they usually go broke with pre-flop right away.
      Agreed, I think AJs/AQ are possible too. The point is his raise/calling range should be tight to begin with and such players usually aren't prone to simply going nuts postflop to the point of donking pot on the flop then jamming the turn with a hand that AK beats. Just screams JJ.

Hope it helps.