[NL2-NL10] AK right call ?

• Kireto
      Kireto
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($12.68)
      SB ($13.68)
      BB ($4.37)
      MP2 ($2.65)
      Hero (MP1) ($9.50)
      CO ($11.77)
      Button ($10.55)
      UTG+1 ($13.56)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A :heart: K :spade: ,
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.40, 3 folds, SB raises $1.20, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.85

Flop: ($2.60) 8 :club: A :spade: 9 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB raises $6.35, Hero calls $6.25 (All-In), SB calls $1.90

Turn: ($19.10) 2 :diamond: (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($19.10) 6 :heart: (2 players, 1 all-in)

I have no stats for this player as I am not using HEM, and that was my 3rd hand on the table. Is it right to raise preflop ( as I am in position), and was i right to call the all in on that board.

Thanks for the shared toughs.

Cheers
  • 4 replies
    • EgertS
      EgertS
      Bronze
      probably couldn't fold it myself, even though 88 and 99 are heavily in his range. I doubt that we see A8 or A9 there very often. AQ is also possible. So is AJ if villain has a wider 3-bet range, but I doubt he would 3-bet you OOP with AJ/A10. QQ/KK is also an option altough I think that villain would call the flop most of the times and not turning his hand into a bluff. we also have a backdoor fd. :f_biggrin:

I would probably take the time bank and eventually make a difficult call cause there is dead money in the pot, even though I think that we are very likely to see 88/99 here. In the best occasions, maybe AQ/KK/QQ.
    • revs90
      revs90
      Bronze
      I think at these limits calling there isn't an aweful play. Ofc, he's gonna show you a set about 50% of the time, but the other 50 is going to be AQ, AJ even A10 (yes I've seen it). Players fall in love with these big aces and don't realise how often they are dominated. KK & QQ might be trying to get you off any Ace aswell, thinking they finally got their big hand and are not going to fold it this time.

I'd call.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Rebuy to 100bb before the start of every hand.

About the hand: TPTK => nuts in a 3bet pot. People just don't really 3bet much on NL10, especially not with pocket pairs like eights & nines. He's got Ax more often then anything else. Sometimes he'll show up with AA but there's only 2 aces left in the deck so the chances of him having Aces is way smaller then him having AK, AQ... that sort of hands. Also considering you've already got ~1/3 of your stack in the middle you'll only need about 35-40% equity to make your shove +EV. No brainer imo, easy shove.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      Rebuy to 100bb before the start of every hand.

About the hand: TPTK => nuts in a 3bet pot. People just don't really 3bet much on NL10, especially not with pocket pairs like eights & nines. He's got Ax more often then anything else. Sometimes he'll show up with AA but there's only 2 aces left in the deck so the chances of him having Aces is way smaller then him having AK, AQ... that sort of hands. Also considering you've already got ~1/3 of your stack in the middle you'll only need about 35-40% equity to make your shove +EV. No brainer imo, easy shove.
      Sounds good. Folding to a worse hand is a bigger mistake than going broke against a better hand when you have this much money in the pot already.

You'll also see in that spot some QQ-KK hands going all "damnit I knew an ace was gonna come, i need to check. ahah of course he bets now what do I do I don't wanna fold my KK. qdosqkfodsqfkodsqf hell let's shove."

Hope it helps.