What else is there to offer

• Ilove692
      Ilove692
      Bronze
      PS offers a lot of promotions and bonuses, but only to the newly signed players or the users with high statuses, but what does PS offer to all the mid-stake members, apart from articles and videos?
      There are not enough special offers for silver/gold abd platinum users!
  • 28 replies
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Room specific rake races mostly. And what do you mean by "not enough special offers"? Do you expect PS staff to come by your house and spoonfeed you chocolate pudding?
    • gormless
      gormless
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ilove692
      apart from articles and videos?
      ^^
      Isn't that the point of the place? That's why I joined

But there are also the hand judge forums, coachings.

Seriously actively learning from this site, is without doubt the biggest +ev decision you will ever make.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I wouldn't mind weekly freerolls on all the rooms. They don't have to be massive 20k freerolls they could also be just 1-2k freerolls. or even less.

Just for the people who lost the starting capital and want to continue playing. Plus freerolls are good advertising when people see them in the lobby.
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      PS spoonfeed your account with rb every friday, consider that a weekly special offer.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      I wouldn't mind weekly freerolls on all the rooms. They don't have to be massive 20k freerolls they could also be just 1-2k freerolls. or even less.
      that's not what OP asked ;) no mid-stakes (or even the most of low stakes) players will play 1-2k freerolls imo...
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      that's not what OP asked ;) no mid-stakes (or even the most of low stakes) players will play 1-2k freerolls imo...

If you busted your bankroll you would. Freerolls are almost never worth the time when you have money to play. Unless they are really big freerolls that you guys do here very rarely. Or people with a bankroll below $100 freerolls can be a good boost to your bankroll.

I'm still in the micro's and i still play freerolls atm for fun mostly. But i do pick up a nice amount of money once in a while.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      What would the freerolls accomplish? People who pay rake to strategy don't want them so only people who want the freerolls are those who have lost their bankroll and have been -EV to strategy already.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by Anssi
      What would the freerolls accomplish? People who pay rake to strategy don't want them so only people who want the freerolls are those who have lost their bankroll and have been -EV to strategy already.
      +1
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze

And how many winning players now have not lost their bankroll at some point? Because i'm willing to bet a huge percentage of winning players have busted their br or nearly busted it at some point.

Your acting as if once a loser player is always a losing player. They could have realised the faults in their play and really want to improve but have no way to build their bankroll again. A few freerolls isnt going to hurt pokerstrategy, i've seen way smaller sites having freerolls like these.

And i'm quite dissapointed pokerstrategy doesn't have many. I found several other sites because they do have freerolls and i even registered in some other rooms through them to play in those freerolls. It's good advertising for pokerstrategy as i said already.

I support pokerstrategy a 100% and as soon as i am confident enough in my game and my bankroll is big enough i will move onto tracked sites. And the poker rooms i signed up to are not available here at pokerstrategy so it doesn't matter. But i think freerolls would benefit pokerstrategy alot more then hurt it.
      Bronze
      Considering the op mentioned mid stakes and established players this is spot on.

I think I have to agree as well that there are a pile of things that this site gives to us that
      is well worth it being tracked here. Granted they are behind the times in some things but
      they are constantly improving and they do respond to their feedback threads.

As they explain it themselves once you make diamond or black member and have internalized
      the study material there is not much for your to gain from being here any longer. Your learning
      curve has out grown what this site can offer. As a reward for sticking around you get all the
      perks that the higher ups get. It is really balanced.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 8979687
      Considering the op mentioned mid stakes and established players this is spot on.

I think I have to agree as well that there are a pile of things that this site gives to us that
      is well worth it being tracked here. Granted they are behind the times in some things but
      they are constantly improving and they do respond to their feedback threads.

As they explain it themselves once you make diamond or black member and have internalized
      the study material there is not much for your to gain from being here any longer. Your learning
      curve has out grown what this site can offer. As a reward for sticking around you get all the
      perks that the higher ups get. It is really balanced.

It wasn't as much as a reply to the op as it was a suggestion which could also benefit micro-low stakes player and the site in general. As people would see the freerolls on those sites and then sign up to pokerstrategy to play in them.

What else could you want? there's really nothing left instead of more coaching/videos/articles/bonusses etc.

Just saying how regular freerolls could benefit pokerstrategy alot. If your a midstakes player you play $20+ sng's so only the huge freerolls of $20k+ pokerstrategy does very rarely could possibly be worth the time.
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ilove692
      but what does PS offer to all the mid-stake members, apart from articles and videos?
      what about our cool community
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      the site doesn't benefit from bustos signing up and playing its freerolls. the whole concept of freerolls as a way of handing out money is heavily flawed as luck is the main factor deciding which player should get how much.

Im sure you're right that a lot of people like you would come here to get the free money, but if you think about it, it's just not what pokerstrategy is looking for...
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Well it's more new players, everyone starts as a fish. Plus they'd have to do the quiz, which most people who aren't serious about poker won't even pass.

Probably going to stop posting serious answers in general discussion. I keep having pointless discussions that aren't going no where. Because even if a mod does read this there probably won't be more freerolls anyway.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Probably going to stop posting serious answers in general discussion. I keep having pointless discussions that aren't going no where.
      Welcome to the dark side.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Probably going to stop posting serious answers in general discussion. I keep having pointless discussions that aren't going no where.
      Welcome to the dark side.
      You has cookies? :D
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Only if you are one of those sexy Japanese poker girls. :f_biggrin:
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      What about using strategypoints in the pokerstrategy store or something. Send me some free books or something. That would be +ev for pokerstrategy. Even more education for the players who pay lots of rake. I wanna spend like 20k points to get like 2 hours of coaching from TwiceT or something lol.
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      Do you expect PS staff to come by your house and spoonfeed you chocolate pudding?
      Is this too much to ask?