[NL2-NL10] started learning bss, how did i play this hand?

• pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Known players:
      BU:
      $0.58
      SB:
      $5.15
      BB (Hero):
      $1.66
      UTG1:
      $5.02
      UTG2:
      $5.00
      MP1:
      $1.10
      MP2:
      $2.87
      MP3:
      $4.70
      CO:
      $4.92

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, 6.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.06, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.06, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.24) 6, A, A (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.20, MP3 calls $0.20, SB folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.84) 8 (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 checks, MP3 bets $0.48, Hero calls $0.48, UTG2 calls $0.48.

River: ($2.28) 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.92, UTG2 folds, MP3 calls $0.92.

Final Pot: $4.12.
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      First thing I'd like to mention is: if you're going to play BSS, reload to 100bb before every new hand. You want max value from monsters... in this case you're probably loosing out on $0.34 of value just because you didn't reload.

The hand is ok as played. You could go for a check/raise on the flop to but I prefer this way cause if the UTG player has got Ax (which he most likely does) he's gonna keep betting anyway and MP3 might have a flush draw you'd possibly scare away if you start raising big.

I like your river donkshove cause it's so small in comparrison to the pot size that he won't be able to fold any piece he has anyway and you don't give villains a chance to check behind hands they'd still pay another bet with.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      First thing I'd like to mention is: if you're going to play BSS, reload to 100bb before every new hand. You want max value from monsters... in this case you're probably loosing out on $0.34 of value just because you didn't reload.

The hand is ok as played. You could go for a check/raise on the flop to but I prefer this way cause if the UTG player has got Ax (which he most likely does) he's gonna keep betting anyway and MP3 might have a flush draw you'd possibly scare away if you start raising big.

I like your river donkshove cause it's so small in comparison to the pot size that he won't be able to fold any piece he has anyway and you don't give villains a chance to check behind hands they'd still pay another bet with.
      Sounds good. Depending on just how villains played to this point I might just shove the turn anyway, it's not even a 3x raise, nobody is folding Ax and it's our last chance to stack draws before they miss 80% of the time on the river.

Hope it helps.