What means grinding?

• dadaas
      dadaas
      Bronze
      Ok i found a guy who says: 23 April the grinding began, ....

What does he mean by that?
      Does he mean that he started to play or what does he apply by saying grinding began, or i start grinding, or i need tog rind few more hours to make some cash...

I see people say that but i dont know what it means.

Please explain.
  • 14 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I got no clue what that guy meant. Probably a fish imo.
    • delyron
      delyron
      Bronze
      google is your friend..
    • danutz123
      danutz123
      Bronze
      I assume you're German:

Streberhafter Pokerspiel bei den niedrigsten Begrenzungen.
    • danutz123
      danutz123
      Bronze
      One thing about grinding: I play in loads of freerolls and finally hit a big one (3rd of 3000), 3 places paid) to get into a 215 Euro tournament (105, 9 got the prize and three got 800 Euros) playing for a seat at the European Poker Tour in Talinn. I did reasonably well in early to mid but got short-stacked toward the end, attempted a blind steal, ran into jacks and didn't such out my flush, straight or 2nd pair and finished 34rd. The real one was actually much easier, as I could read my opponents much easier because the lower signal-to-noise ratio.

It sucks playing with donkeys and easier to go on tilt. Pokerstrategy should provide adequate capital to spare people that, lol.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      playing safe many tables?
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      grind the girls at the club?
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by danutz123
      One thing about grinding: I play in loads of freerolls...

It sucks playing with donkeys and easier to go on tilt. Pokerstrategy should provide adequate capital to spare people that, lol.
      Adequate players spend most of their time searching for donkeys. You sir have an ego problem.

Originally posted by supeyrio
      Why do all the work? Let them grind you!
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I thought grinding was a pretty common poker term? ?(

Anyway, what i meant with grinding was. Basicaly playing alot. I was "grinding" the $0,25 sng's which i crush and are extremly boring to play for me.
    • danutz123
      danutz123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      One thing about grinding: I play in loads of freerolls...

Adequate players spend most of their time searching for donkeys. You sir have an ego problem.

Originally posted by supeyrio
      Why do all the work? Let them grind you!
      You, sir, are multitalented. Not only are you a super competent poker player but also a consumate internet psychiatric diagnostician.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      You, sir, are multitalented. Not only are you a super competent poker player but also a consumate internet psychiatric diagnostician.
      And the flames came crashing from the sky... Funny how people see criticism as an attack at their persona. You pretty much literally said it sucks to play against fish. Honestly, what kind of reaction did you expect? No comment on giving out more money per capita to a community the majority of which loses it all.
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      Poker player who plays in games they're significantly over-bankrolled for while also playing a style of poker that leads to consistent and steady win rates.

google FTW
    • ollimacgja
      ollimacgja
      Bronze
      Grinding is a term used in video gaming to describe the process of engaging in repetitive and/or non-entertaining gameplay in order to gain access to other features within the game.[1][2] The most common usage is in the context of MMORPGs, such as Final Fantasy XI and World of Warcraft,[3] in which it is often necessary for a character to repeatedly kill AI-controlled monsters, using basically the same strategy over and over again, in order to advance their character level to be able to access newer content. MUDs, generally sharing much of the same gameplay as MMORPGs, encounter the same syndrome. Grinding can also appear in other games in which features can be unlocked.

From Wikipedia..

But if you ever played an MMO you already knew it..=p

Cya
    • Turbulentus
      Turbulentus
      Bronze
      Strange that the would say non entertaining. That was the whole point of Lineage 2.

The entertainment came from hanging out with 8 or so people at once and chatting
      over ventrilo or such programs. Then I saw the southpark episode and quit playing
      before that happened to me.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      What does he mean by that?

I thought grinding was a pretty common poker term?

Anyway, what i meant with grinding was. Basicaly playing alot. I was "grinding" the $0,25 sng's which i crush and are extremly boring to play for me.

The MMO explanation also works as that also applies. This was taken from my blog unless there's another person who started grinding exactly that day and also said it in the same way as i did..

Quote from my blog:

23 April the grinding began. Back to the $0,25 45man sng's,