$1.69
      BB:
      $2.19
      UTG2:
      $2.34
      MP1:
      $2.40

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, T.
      5 folds, BU calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, BB folds, BU calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.22) T, 6, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, BU calls $0.22.

Turn: ($0.66) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.66, BU raises to $1.32, Hero raises to $1.37, BU calls $0.05.

River: ($3.4) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.4.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and tens(As Td).
      BU shows three of a kind, sevens(7d 7h).

BU wins with three of a kind, sevens(7d 7h).
  • 9 replies
    • Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Meant to leave results in

BU had 7 7
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Bet/snapfold on the turn.

Call flop, min-raise turn is always the percieved nuts... in this case he's always gonna have either a flopped set or a flopped straight.
    • EgertS
      EgertS
      Bronze
      why bet so much on the flop? 16-18c is fine imo. you keep in possible draws in and it's cheaper to fold when he raises you.

I'd like to bet the turn, but certainly not so much. 45c is fine. now after you got raised it is an easy fold. the 2 :club: is a totally blank card and didn't complete a single draw. so it is a no brainer that villain completed his hand already on the flop (straight or set). occasionally we can see JTs/QTs with a flushdraw here. anyhow, we don't have the hand to call his shove on the turn (even though we are getting odds 1:3 here, but we pretty much only beat a bluff here).

terribly played hand.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EgertS
      why bet so much on the flop? 16-18c is fine imo. you keep in possible draws in and it's cheaper to fold when he raises you.
      ... yeah so you wanna keep draws in the hand by making them pay less?

No, you wanna keep draws in the hand and make them pay as much as you possibly can...

The hand is fine upto the turn bet, then he has to fold.
    • EgertS
      EgertS
      Bronze
      --
    • EgertS
      EgertS
      Bronze
      --
    • EgertS
      EgertS
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by EgertS
      Originally posted by Mstlc

No, you wanna keep draws in the hand and make them pay as much as you possibly can...

yeah, I want to keep draws in, but betting a pot scares draws most of the times away. betting a little bit less (18c) can keep their hands in, still not giving them odds to call. what I mean is, that betting a pot is too expensive for the drawing hands to pay (so they fold and you get no value). then again, it's NL2 and people tend to hink that gutshot is super strong also.
    • Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by EgertS
      Originally posted by Mstlc

yeah, I want to keep draws in, but betting a pot scares draws most of the times away. betting a little bit less (18c) can keep their hands in, still not giving them odds to call. what I mean is, that betting a pot is too expensive for the drawing hands to pay (so they fold and you get no value). then again, it's NL2 and people tend to hink that gutshot is super strong also.
      It is just impossible to shove people off of hands. (see new post WHAT the hell did I do wrong...). As such I feel that the bets have to be a little more expensive yet as a result I also have a hard time believing people ever have more than a pair or a sodding Ace. It is becoming dead frustrating this repetition.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

Before anything: remember you always want to have a full stack on the table. So make sure you top up your stack whenever you drop below 100bb.

As played: Potting it is fine IMO. I think people are gonna be calling way too much anyway. Especially on this board, people can call so much.
      BUT only pot it if you're certain your opponent is a calling station, otherwise you wanna make it 18c. You're already giving draws the wrong odds to call. On the turn, you can bet smaller also. 45c - 50c should be good.

And you have to fold to his shove. There are so many hands that beat you and you have shown a lot of strength by double barreling here, so he must have the goods when he shoves =)

and btw: please don't post results, as it might make our judgement biased. After the evaluation is done, feel free to post it though ;-)

Cheers!