$1.09
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $2.00
      SB:
      $1.03

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, J.
      MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, 2 folds, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 8, 9, K (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.06, MP3 folds, SB calls $0.06, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.2) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, SB calls $0.12.

River: ($0.44) 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.15, SB calls $0.15.

Final Pot: $0.74.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(K J).
      SB shows a pair of kings(6 K).

Hero wins with a pair of kings(K J).
  • 5 replies
    • EgertS
      EgertS
      Bronze
      WHAT AM I SEEING? openlimp?

depending on your style, you could put KJ into the muck in MP. since you wanted to play that hand, raise to 0.06c pre. bet 2/3 of the pot on the flop. the turn is a very bad card, putting flushdraw and a possible straight on the board. if you really want to bet the turn bet like 18c to make his draw more expensive. if you get raised there, then fold. since SB called your bet and river didnt complete any draws, you could blockbet a little bit more (half a pot maybe). if you get reraised, fold.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EgertS
      WHAT AM I SEEING? openlimp?

depending on your style, you could put KJ into the muck in MP. since you wanted to play that hand, raise to 0.06c pre. bet 2/3 of the pot on the flop. the turn is a very bad card, putting flushdraw and a possible straight on the board. if you really want to bet the turn bet like 18c to make his draw more expensive. if you get raised there, then fold. since SB called your bet and river didnt complete any draws, you could blockbet a little bit more (half a pot maybe). if you get reraised, fold.
      Imo this is a fold pre-flop unless people are extremely tight behind you and the blinds are loose. But it's NL2 so people station too much. You don't wanna play KJo from this position. And if you do raise don't raise to $0.06 but raise to $0.08. If you play a hand on nano stakes you wanna build a pot cause you're playing value poker, you want value from your good hands and fold if you don't have much of anything, don't bluff.

Turn is standard barrel... slightly bigger is possible. I'd probably make it $0.15 since he won't get away from any gutshot probably.

River... I'm usually checking behind here most of the time but I guess you can make a thin valuebet. But blockbetting EgertS??? Seriously? Blockbetting is a smallish bet you make on the river when you play oop and think your hand is still good but you can't really check/call and you don't wanna be bluffed off the hand. The question is... why would you ever blockbet IP? Blockbetting IP makes no sense at all... if you're not sure wether your hand is good or not you check behind.
    • EgertS
      EgertS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      The question is... why would you ever blockbet IP? Blockbetting IP makes no sense at all... if you're not sure wether your hand is good or not you check behind.
      have to agree with you on this one, but on this board, I don't think that betting half a pot is a false play. if he didn't complete a flushdraw but had a pair (A9s for example) he will pay it up.

if you reccomend a bet on the turn, then why not on the river, since it is a totally harmless card? why check behind and lose possible value? what the point in betting the turn then? you won't be betting for information. for value. why not get it in the river also?

//sorry, didn't mean blockbet, but a valuebet.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EgertS
      if you reccomend a bet on the turn, then why not on the river, since it is a totally harmless card? why check behind and lose possible value? what the point in betting the turn then? you won't be betting for information. for value. why not get it in the river also?

//sorry, didn't mean blockbet, but a valuebet.
      The question is... is KJo really strong enough for us to get 3 streets of value? If not... but it's good enough for 2 streets... what streets would you rather bet? Flop & turn where you get value from drawing hands in addition to the regular weaker pair hands or flop & river where on the river you'd only get value from weaker top pair hands. The truth is... the river really is a very thin valuebet since a lot of Kx hands with a weaker kicker then our J have now made 2 pair because all other cards on the board are undercards to our jacks and none of them is paired...
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd raise it preflop to $0.08. The higher you climb the less fish you'll see, the more it will becomes a leak to not chase the fish whenever you have a playable hand. Here we have 2 ~50bb guys behind who are obviously bad, and 3 other guys probably autorebuy to $2 turned on, seemingly tags. The more likely outcome after we open raise it that we get heads-up or 3-way with 50bb fish with a hand that can make top pairs that we can felt with a smile, which is exactly what we want.

Especially for those of you who play 6max, start opening up your ranges whenever you see a similar situation, like you get KTo from MP and the BB is a huge fish, most of the time the guys in CO/BU/SB will either be tags that fold a lot or other fish you don't mind playing against either, so you need to open raise that and make sure you play with the fish before somebody else busts him. I'm not saying you should open stuff like 63s just because of that, those hands aren't strong enough to compensate. But all the hands that are borderline opens in the first place should definitely become raising hands if you think you can handle the play.

Postflop I'd bet pot on the flop, lots of worse hands that can call and usually won't fold to just one bet no matter how big you make it. On the turn I'd fire again 3/4 pot for value. On the river depending on how loose SB is (namely how many worse Kx combos he shows up with) you can either valuebet about half pot or check behind.

Hope it helps.