$1.03
      MP1:
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $0.73

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, A.
      4 folds, BU raises to $0.04, Hero raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.10, BU calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.36) 8, A, 7 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, BB calls $0.22, BU calls $0.22.

Turn: ($1.02) 2 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.69, BB folds, BU calls $0.69.

River: ($2.4) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.46, Hero calls $1.46.

Final Pot: $5.32.
      Results follow:

BU shows a flush, ten high(5 8).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and sevens(7 A).

BU wins with a flush, ten high(5 8).

Seriously is there a fairly inexpensive coach out there at all? Because for all I read, for all I try and learn...My winnings, they never go up. Usually up down up down down down down....Its starting to really grate
  • 4 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

What you did wrong? You got sucked out! Stop getting sucked out! :D I'm joking!
      But this was just bad luck man, don't worry about it. Your play here was definitely +EV. BUT there's one thing that would make it more optimal and here's what:

Bet river, instead of c/c. The reason is simple: there are very few hands he could have that beat you, BUT his range for betting when you check is stronger than his range for calling when you bet! Did that make sense? If he has T9 for example, he checks back, BUT he might decide to call a bet. Or if he has A3 or all of these super marginal hands. He won't bet with them, but he calls a bet. So when you check, you don't extract value from these hands and you still lose the same amount against the hands that do beat you!

Hope it makes sense

And about getting a coach: It's not a good idea in NL2. The material out there is more than enough for you to beat NL2. Running bad happens, but don't worry, your results will catch up with you. Just make sure you improve EVERY DAY and you'll be fine. What you can do is find other players to sweat with you! That's an awesome way of fixing leaks. Other people can spot mistakes that you miss and you can discuss hands and all that. So it's definitely a good idea.
      And here are 3 rules for you to remember at all times at the tables. They are the rules for beating the micro stakes:

1 - Value bet, value bet, VALUE BET!
      2 - Don't bluff
      3 - Don't pay off (when it looks like someone has a big hand, they usually DO have a big hand)

Cheers!
    • Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Thanks caltabiano (and all others), you have at least made me feel better about playing it fairly well, this hand, and given me food for thought on the other posted hands...I suspect there will be more posted tonight.

As for the coaching/sweating suggestion, do you know where I can go to start? Is posting in any of the forums here for a sweat buddy (sounds a litte wrong that but you get what I mean) worthwhile?
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Yeah, posting in the forums definitely works. The best forum is the [INVALID EMAIL]

I'm sure you'll find people interested in sweating ;-)

GL and keep on posting them hands! :evil:
    • Jakejenks
      Jakejenks
      Bronze
      Hey, I think you played the hand fine, the only part I may question is the call of the all in on the river, with the three spades out there I may think he is playing like a donk and hit the flush. All in moves in 2nl seem to have meant trips or better in my experience (80k+ hands)