This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2, reraising turn with TPTK

• mudkip
      mudkip
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $1.38
      Hero:
      $2.03
      MP2:
      $5.29

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.80 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:club: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.08, 3 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) Q:diamond: , K:spade: , T:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.18, MP2 folds, BB calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.61) 6:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, BB calls $0.30.

My thoughts at the time: Villan is not going to slowplay nut straight so he's probably got a high pair or straight draw. His check/call of the flop confirms this to me, and I assumed he would have re-raised me preflop with KK or QQ (or even TT given his stats). My TPTK is pretty strong against his handrange so I can get him to fold his draws with a raise and take the pot.

Was I right to reraise here? The turn bet on a basically useless card confused me a little bit. I wouldn't put 6 in anything in his handrange so should I have assumed that he has a hand stronger than mine?
  • 1 reply
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

When he bets so small, I'd raise him as well. There are many pair + gutshot hands that he might play like this, becasue he doesn't want to c/c another big bet. Or maybe just Kx that doesn't want the pot to grow too big, since the board is kind of ugly.

So, I definitely like raising here. you can even make it a bit bigger, like 55c. I'd fold to a shove though, becasue then he has you beat =)
      You might see QT or KT at showdown, but there are definitely weaker hands in his range and even against these 2P, you still have decent equity (23% vs KT and 27% against QT). I assume KQ would be played more aggressively.

Cheers!