This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 6max AJs top two ugly turn

• mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      4 Players

Stacks:
      Hero ($58.55)
      BTN ($50.90) -----18/14/1.8 (620 hands)
      SB ($51.60)
      BB ($26.40) -----fish 24/3 (65 hands)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 4 players) Hero is CO A:spade: J:club:
      Hero raises to $1.75, BTN calls $1.75, SB folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: J:heart: A:heart: 5:club: ($5.50, 3 players)
      BB bets $3, Hero raises to $10, BTN calls $10, BB folds

Turn: Q:heart: ($28.50, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $16.25, Hero folds

too weak?
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      flushdraw is possible, dont´think he has there straight too often
      Not sure how often he´d call with QJ on the flop, likely not
      So that leaves flushdraw and some Ax hands. Since I hate usually folding two pair I would call turn and evaluate on the river if I want to call shove
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      So that leaves flushdraw and some Ax hands. Since I hate usually folding two pair I would call turn and evaluate on the river if I want to call shove
      Holy no!

His coldcalling range on flop is at least flushdraw, set, AK or AQ. No way a turncall is good, your equity is so terribly little that there is nothing you can do but fold. If you call turn and hit the boat, your hand is face-up and will not receive any further value. So no implied odds as well.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HannesNL
      Holy no!

His coldcalling range on flop is at least flushdraw, set, AK or AQ. No way a turncall is good, your equity is so terribly little that there is nothing you can do but fold. If you call turn and hit the boat, your hand is face-up and will not receive any further value. So no implied odds as well.
      +1
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HannesNL
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Holy no!

well if you give him that range then indeed likely we should c/f turn, but I tihkn set would mostly 3-bet flop, since he doesn´t really want us/bb to see free card
      Player has to be really nit not to 3-bet BU with AK and even tight players tend to 3-bet with AQ. So yes our equity is bad against AQ and flushes, but I think our equity should be bigger if you add there some other Ax hands and A5. If you don´t think he can ever have there these hands then fold is better than call.
      Don´t agree that we don´t have implied odds against flush, since players dont´fold flushes on pair board.