4 Players

Stacks:
      Hero ($58.55)
      BTN ($50.90) -----18/14/1.8 (620 hands)
      SB ($51.60)
      BB ($26.40) -----fish 24/3 (65 hands)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 4 players) Hero is CO A:spade: J:club:
      Hero raises to $1.75, BTN calls $1.75, SB folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: J:heart: A:heart: 5:club: ($5.50, 3 players)
      BB bets $3, Hero raises to $10, BTN calls $10, BB folds

Turn: Q:heart: ($28.50, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $16.25, Hero folds

too weak?
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      flushdraw is possible, dont´think he has there straight too often
      Not sure how often he´d call with QJ on the flop, likely not
      So that leaves flushdraw and some Ax hands. Since I hate usually folding two pair I would call turn and evaluate on the river if I want to call shove
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      So that leaves flushdraw and some Ax hands. Since I hate usually folding two pair I would call turn and evaluate on the river if I want to call shove
      Holy no!

His coldcalling range on flop is at least flushdraw, set, AK or AQ. No way a turncall is good, your equity is so terribly little that there is nothing you can do but fold. If you call turn and hit the boat, your hand is face-up and will not receive any further value. So no implied odds as well.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HannesNL
      Holy no!

His coldcalling range on flop is at least flushdraw, set, AK or AQ. No way a turncall is good, your equity is so terribly little that there is nothing you can do but fold. If you call turn and hit the boat, your hand is face-up and will not receive any further value. So no implied odds as well.
      +1
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HannesNL
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Holy no!

well if you give him that range then indeed likely we should c/f turn, but I tihkn set would mostly 3-bet flop, since he doesn´t really want us/bb to see free card
      Player has to be really nit not to 3-bet BU with AK and even tight players tend to 3-bet with AQ. So yes our equity is bad against AQ and flushes, but I think our equity should be bigger if you add there some other Ax hands and A5. If you don´t think he can ever have there these hands then fold is better than call.
      Don´t agree that we don´t have implied odds against flush, since players dont´fold flushes on pair board.