[NL2-NL10] NL2 QQ overpair on draw heavy board - all in?

• wildfool
      I decided i want to give BSS a try. SSS is getting rather boring. on my second hand i get dealt QQ. I dont know anything about my opponents.
      My question is what should i have done on such a dangerous (flush draw, possible straight) flop after getting reraised.
      I think because i am used to playing SSS i called, but i dont know if that was such a good idea in the long run.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.08, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.28, 2 folds, CO calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.6) J, 8, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.42, CO raises to $1.72(All-In), Hero calls $1.28.

Turn: ($4.02) 3 (2 players)

River: ($4.02) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.02.
      Results follow:

CO shows a pair of eights(A Q).
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and eights(Q Q).

CO wins with a pair of eights(A Q).
      Hero wins with two pairs, queens and eights(Q Q).
  • 2 replies
    • revs90
      He's not gonna have a flopped straight there very often unless he plays alot of hands, maybe sometimes he'll have a set, but most of the time I see him on big suited cards (hearts). Sometimes you'll see AJ, but most of the time I see that shove as a "meh-what-the-hell-I-hope-I-hit-my-draw-or-make-him-fold" move.
    • MaestroOfZerg

It's fine. Just one of those spots where your hand looks very shaky but you can't have a good enough handle on how an unknown plays to never give him worse hands. People will routinely jam flushdraws as well as 9x/KQ and sometimes worse in that spot provided they call with those hands preflop. We're not thrilled about it, but with that much money in the pot we can't just let it go either.

Hope it helps.