[NL20-NL50] AQ faced 4 bet preflop NL50

• Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Here is one of my hand with AQ when i dont know really how to act.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $59.04
      BB:
      $53.20
      MP3:
      $71.80
      CO (Hero):
      $63.56
      BU:
      $49.25

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q.
      MP3 raises to $2.00, Hero raises to $6.75, 3 folds, MP3 raises to $15.00, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.5.

One way is shove...can u please say why yes and why no.
      Second chance is call. This for me doesnt make really sense since if i hit or A or Q i must go all in anyway. Otherwise if i miss boeard i have to fold.

So is that maybe the best option to fold versus this player?

Villian:

Thanks ladies in advance:)
  • 10 replies
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Silver
      Well, I don't play NL50 but why do you want to 3bet AQo in that spot? I don't really see any reason for it unless you want to ship it pre. If blinds decide to squeeze I don't see a reason for you to not call and play IP vs. them, especially if open raiser folds.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I dont want just to call here. Than blinds are going to call i am in 3 way pot. If BTN calls i am in sandwich and it is difficult to play and i dont know where i stand at all.

Plus i like those tree bets becouse then ppl doesnt belive me and i can really extract much value when i have monster hands.

So call here is out of question(for me right now...maybe it want be any more after answers:) ) ). I think 3 bet is just fine. But problem is whats next?
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Silver
      imo you can 3bet there A2s if you just want to increase your 3bet%. Since it has nearly the same value facing a 4bet by a tag mp vs co. Yet it's easier to get rid of. At least I'd prefer just a call here since unless btn calls you will play IP throughout the whole hand. And if you do 3bet it, is he ever calling you with hands that you dominate?

As played, unless you have aggro history with bluff 4betting I think it's pretty easy muck. You can't really call, 5-betting is basically just a bluff, so that leaves you with folding.

my 2 cents
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      To me it is also standard 3-bet, since I usually 3-bet a lot of different hands ip, then I can also 3-bet AQ for value
      To shove or not, I think it depends a lot on your game flow, if you were 3-betting that guy a lot then I would shove, since I think he is good enough to 4-bet bluff there often enough or widen his 4-bet/calling range to 88+, maybe AQ+ and against that range AQ is not doing too bad
      If not then I think fold is generally better, you see AK/TT+ too often
      Since you´re ip, you can consider calling. I think it is not the worst play, since if he is 4-bet bluffing he would c-bet anyway most boards and you can either call him down or shove on KJx or JTx board or smt
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Thanks for your answer...good as ever:) )

As u said things are very open here and i think AQ is probably the hardest to play in such spots. I didnt see many his 4bet bluffs so far and as u said he is not fish at all.

It depends a lot on our image and i have in general pretty aggressive one so with reads i have to think also about shove bluffs sometimes.

But i think in my progression through the limits, that this is one of tons things still to learn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think AQ is usually not hard to play ip. You have always choose either shove or call 3-bet ip. But mostly the feeling if you should shove there or not comes in times.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      usually when u ship AQ, villian has AK. but you probably hit your Q :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      3bet/fold is probally the best line
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      usually when u ship AQ, villian has AK. but you probably hit your Q :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

Hahah probably yes, but probability is very low:) ))

Better is somethink lige that.

If you shove with AK and villian has AQ he will probably hit his Q :f_p:
    • VzLOM
      VzLOM
      Bronze
      3b \ ship AQo vs tight EP raiser on 126 bb? Are u guys serious? What do u really expect to see ?
      I think calling pre is really the only option if he is quite competent and you dont have any kind of agro dynamics.