$5.00
      MP2:
      $12.23
      MP3:
      $4.23
      CO:
      $12.73

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, K.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, SB raises to $0.35, BB folds, Hero raises to $1.05, SB calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.15) A, 3, J (2 players)
      SB bets $0.55, Hero raises to $2.00, SB raises to $4.14, Hero calls $1.95.

Turn: ($10.24) 8 (2 players)

River: ($10.24) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.24.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and jacks(Kd Ks).
      SB shows a full-house, jacks full of aces(Jh Ad).

SB wins with a full-house, jacks full of aces(Jh Ad).

Ok, so obviously preflop play is standard. Posflop play, however, seems to be a mess. To simply fold looked too weak, so did calling, so I thought of a small re-raise, but found myself pot committed anyway. Did I play it right? Was it not obvious my opponent had an ace? AK, or even AQ looked like a real possibility. (otherwise why call my reraise?)
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Call the flop, fold on furter action. Raising (it's a raise, not a re-raise) here is just turning your hand into a bluff which it is way to strong for.

As played you fold vs his jam... Yes, you have to call just $2.00 into a $8.00 pot but you're more or less drawing dead. I don't think he'll ever show up with worse then Ax tbh and you're drawing for 2 outs for a set or for a backdoor gutshot... and that's just when he doesn't have AA which is perfectly possible.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      Call the flop, fold on furter action. Raising (it's a raise, not a re-raise) here is just turning your hand into a bluff which it is way to strong for.

As played you fold vs his jam... Yes, you have to call just $2.00 into a $8.00 pot but you're more or less drawing dead. I don't think he'll ever show up with worse then Ax tbh and you're drawing for 2 outs for a set or for a backdoor gutshot... and that's just when he doesn't have AA which is perfectly possible.
      Sounds good.

As a general comment, you shouldn't really care about playing "weak" at microstakes until you run into players who real abuse it. Most villains will just be playing their cards and they're not nearly sophisticated enough to really exploit you. If some guy keeps reraising you all the time yeah you can think about not playing too weak against him, but the vast majority of the time you'll just talk yourself into not folding against guys who just happened to wake up with a hand they really like. If you think you're beat, just don't go broke.

Hope it helps.