$1.72
      UTG2:
      $1.01
      MP1:
      $7.98
      MP2:
      $1.71

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, Q.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, CO raises to $0.40, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 9, 6, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.28, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.85.

Thoughts please. Guy to my left is super aggressive.
  • 4 replies
    • revs90
      revs90
      Bronze
      I wouldn't cold call it because it's pretty hard to play that kind of hand OOP and even if you do hit your Ace you can be dominated by AK.
      Maybe that's just me though, I play pretty tight.

Depending on the player, you can also try floating the flop, check/call because he bets pretty small. Then if a heart comes out or any scare card you can start betting and drive him off the pot. If it doesn't work just don't push it any further and muck it.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Define super aggro... if he's been 3betting a lot for 50+ hands and it looks like he's spewing then by all means go ahead and 4bet jam pre-flop.

If he's only been at the table for 10 hands, don't start seeing ghosts cause he raised or 3bet 4 or 5 of his first 10 hands and just fold AQ vs a 3bet oop.
    • Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Mstic to answer; in this instance I have been at the table for over 1.5hrs. He's called with any two cards, literally. He over bets any A or K and I (and I am far from useful at this game at the mo) have managed to confidently call him down the river with mid pairs based on him just holding K or A rag. Would you say maniac? Honest question?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Greedyfly
      Mstic to answer; in this instance I have been at the table for over 1.5hrs. He's called with any two cards, literally. He over bets any A or K and I (and I am far from useful at this game at the mo) have managed to confidently call him down the river with mid pairs based on him just holding K or A rag. Would you say maniac? Honest question?
      Probably yeah, if he's getting involved all the time and looking to bluff a lot he easily fits that category. You still have to make sure this 4x 3-bet in position fits his usual aggression pattern, otherwise you risk burning yourself pretty bad. Say for example he has been min3betting you all day long, then you pick up AQ and you're overjoyed, he makes a 4x 3-bet and you happily sho... Wait a minute. The guy always min3bets and now suddenly he's 4x'ing it, what is that all about? I don't think I'll shove after all.

So provided his 4x 3-bet isn't unusual you need to realize that once you get a read that a guy is way out of line, you're gonna need to get your hands dirty somehow. You can't just say "well okay, he's bluffing the vast majority of the time, so I'll just way to flop a pair", especially if he's making such small bets as his bluffs.

So you can indeed just jam over the 3bet as Mstlc suggested and expect it to be a profitable play, it's probably going to be the easiest way to fight back if you don't know enough about his postflop tendencies.

If you end up calling then I'm definitely not calling preflop just to check/fold on that board to such a small bet, just think of all the shitty broadway hands he could be doing that with, and even if he has a pair we likely have some overcard outs. It's hard to say without playing against him what line is best, if he's capable of bluffing twice you can probably check/call the flop and check/jam the turn. I'm not opposed to just check/jamming that flop either he could even call it off with a draw that we beat or something. I don't really like making a small check/raise against that guy since that usually won't get him to fold much on the flop so we'd need to jam any turn and it's ugly for us if he 3bets the flop on his own.

Hope it helps.