$3.40
      BB:
      $1.23
      UTG2:
      $0.66
      MP1:
      $8.01

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T, T.
      UTG2 raises to $0.04, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, MP3 raises to $0.20, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $0.16, Hero raises to $0.30, MP3 calls $0.10, UTG2 calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.93) 5, 2, J (3 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.36(All-In), Hero calls $0.36, MP3 calls $0.36.

Turn: ($2.01) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($2.01) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $2.01.
  • 3 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Why are you min-5betting? I mean what are you trying to achieve there?

People min-4betting usually is an indication of a monster. I'd be surprised if he'll ever show up with worse then KK+ maybe AK. If you know he's been loose like this and spewing his chips around then by all mean 5bet but don't make it so small... re-raise to a proper size. But in most spots without special reads you should flat vs his 3bet because you're getting good odds to set line.

On the flop... it's close I think. I probably think i'd call him to and him I don't run into any more action from the player behind and get my tens to showdown.
    • Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Honest? Only min 5 betting out of fear. I really feel that for all the 'work' I try to put in, I still get beat on by people just playing the game for 'a gamble'. As it goes if I had been at the table any less, and the chap raising wasn't a bit aggro (see other post) then I may have folded. BUT because he had been a just min raised...Like I said mainly because lately all I ever get on a flop with pocket pairs is over cards, so then I am running scared.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      Why are you min-5betting? I mean what are you trying to achieve there?

People min-4betting usually is an indication of a monster. I'd be surprised if he'll ever show up with worse then KK+ maybe AK. If you know he's been loose like this and spewing his chips around then by all mean 5bet but don't make it so small... re-raise to a proper size. But in most spots without special reads you should flat vs his 3bet because you're getting good odds to set line.

On the flop... it's close I think. I probably think i'd call him to and him I don't run into any more action from the player behind and get my tens to showdown.
      Sounds good. I'd just stick with the "don't screw around with min4bets" rule as well until I've seen villain do that a few times. If anything I'd become suspicious of big 4-bets when I see villain min4bet as well.

Originally posted by Greedyfly
      Honest? Only min 5 betting out of fear. I really feel that for all the 'work' I try to put in, I still get beat on by people just playing the game for 'a gamble'. As it goes if I had been at the table any less, and the chap raising wasn't a bit aggro (see other post) then I may have folded. BUT because he had been a just min raised...Like I said mainly because lately all I ever get on a flop with pocket pairs is over cards, so then I am running scared.
      I'd suggest taking a break and reading some articles/watching some videos. Putting more money into the pot out of fear is just about the worst way you can go. Just stick to standard play as much as you can until you get over the emotional stuff or you'll keep leaking money unnecessarily. If the guy on your left is making you miserable to the point you play scared, switch tables. It's not about pride, nobody cares online and you shouldn't either, it's just an endless cycle of table selection.

Hope it helps.