This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Ak Nl5 Sh Bss

• h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $6.26
      MP2 (Hero):
      $5.57
      MP3:
      $5.17
      CO:
      $4.57
      BU:
      $3.29
      SB:
      $5.07

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, BU calls $0.20, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.47) Q, K, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BU calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.07) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BU calls $0.90.

River: ($2.87) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.90, BU calls $1.89.

Final Pot: $6.66.
      Results follow:

Hmm on the flop I knew he was on a draw when he called ,and on the turn I thought that the 9 couldn't help him, also the possibility of a flush draw so I bet big, and the river what can I say, I think I rushed too much to bet.What is your opinion?
      I always have problems playing with AK..
  • 1 reply
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

There's a gap in your thought process here :D You say you're pretty sure he's on a draw on the flop and then you say that the 9 couldn't have helped him.
      What draws could he have? AJ, AT, JT only. Does the 9 help any of them? ;)

But, you can't assume he's always on a draw here. He could have draws, Kx, QX, 44.

I like your big bet on the turn, becasue he still calls us with QJ, QT, KJ, KT... So there's a lot of value to be had.
      On the river however, we should be c/f always. Just take a look at the hands that I said would call us on the turn. Is there any hand that we still beat? ;)

Cheers!