[NL2-NL10] QQ 4bet

• SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      Game # 1728307571 - Texas Hold'em No Limit EUR 0.05/0.10 - Table "Tubbergen"

Players(max 6):
      RUSTTI (EUR 21.17 in seat 1)
      0ldDirTy (EUR 28.57 in seat 2)
      obie (EUR 10.18 in seat 3)
      Nyckelpigan (EUR 15.79 in seat 4)
      Hunterokok (EUR 12.34 in seat 5)
      whorunthis (EUR 9.81 in seat 6)

Dealer: RUSTTI
      Small Blind: 0ldDirTy (0.05)
      Big Blind: obie (0.10)

RUSTTI was dealt: Qd - Qh

Nyckelpigan Raise (0.35)
      Hunterokok Fold
      whorunthis Fold
      RUSTTI Raise (1.20)
      0ldDirTy Fold
      obie Fold
      Nyckelpigan Raise (2.12)
      RUSTTI Call (1.27)

Flop 7c - 8s - Jc

Nyckelpigan Bet (2.54)
      RUSTTI Call (2.54)

Turn 7c - 8s - Jc - 9s

Nyckelpigan Check
      RUSTTI Check

River 7c - 8s - Jc - 9s - 7s

Nyckelpigan All-In (10.78)
      RUSTTI Fold
      Nyckelpigan Payback (10.78)

Nyckelpigan didn't show hand

Nyckelpigan wins: EUR 9.67
      Rake: EUR 0.50

Game ended 2010-05-27 19:33:03 IDT

Some info:
      The player who 4bet me just about 20 hands before folded a pair to a rock player who went all in on the flop as a reaction to contibet.
      The player is a tag.
      My image was very aggressive i was 3betting a lot and then firing postflop 2-3 barrells, and open raising a lot then again firing 2-3 barrells a lot of times.
  • 4 replies
    • Trbst
      Trbst
      Bronze
      Hi,

So what exactly was your question ? :)

Whether it was okey to 4bet ? Not sure about 4betting....If he had 5bet you - you'd know it's time to fold coz the guy has KK or AA. However, I think I would call here even though it's 6-handed, and then continue playing post-flop pretty much the way you did with the exception of betting the turn instead of the river, as I wouldn't want to give him the chance to draw another card. If he had me beat he'd raise the river probably. My guess is the guy had AK, missed, and gave up :)

Dunno what our follow PokerStrategists would say ....
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      maybe u mistaken but i am the one with /QQ and he 4bet me,. i.e i am rustti
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

How do you he folded a pair? Did he fold it face up? Because if he just said it in the chat who knows what the hell he really had.

On the same level, you described your play as very laggy but that doesn't mean it's your image, since it assumes that your opponents actually pay attention. If UTG is 12-tabling or something he probably won't even have noticed you playing like that and he'll still be 4-betting only premiums, so in general try not to overreact to people that may even be adjusting to you.

On the flop you don't beat much to begin with after calling a 4-bet unless his range is way wider than usual so I like the call. On the turn you don't beat anything anymore except AK unless he did 4-bet with trash or stuff like AQ/AJs. I don't think it's worth a bet/call at that point either.

On the river it's a bit odd, it's a pretty retarded way of playing stuff like KK+/boats, maybe he 4bet TT to begin with or backdoored a flush to make that river jam. I guess if he discounts strong hands from your range because you didn't bet the turn he can value-jam KK+ but I wouldn't give anyone at nl10 credit for doing that knowingly, chances are if he shows you KK+ on the river he's just bad. I'm still folding barring a read that he's an aggressive idiot, we were rarely good on the turn and the only read you gave us was that he apparently folded a flopped pair to a c-bet, which usually doesn't really match the play a bad aggro fish.

Hope it helps.
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      OK sorry i mistaken i think he folded pair because he caleed the 3bet, check called a very low draw board, then again foild on the second bullet after he thought, then he siad it probably were AA or KK against him- i.e he had a lowere pair.
      OK thx for the analyse, can u tell me maybe how could i play differently?