$6.00
      MP2 (Hero):
      $10.45
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K.
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.95) 4, 3, 7 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, CO folds, BB raises to $1.60, Hero raises to $6.90, BB calls $4.10(All-In).

Turn: ($13.55) J (2 players)

River: ($13.55) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $13.55.

Results follow:

BB shows two pairs, sevens and fours(4c 7h).
      Hero shows a pair of kings(Kd Kh).

BB wins with two pairs, sevens and fours(4c 7h).

what could he have there?
      i was thinking that he would have been bad enough to do it with gutshot draws.
      at the same time, it was also highly likely that he could have sets.

i thought that a better line would have been to call the flop and re-evaluate the turn and plan on seeing a cheap showdown, folding to big bets.
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Against halfstack go broke on the flop - you risk losing value from 88-QQ and worse if you call and let scarecards fall. Tbh on this flop I see you being way ahead/way behind but hard to be good enough to fold this big a overpair to a halfstack at this limit imo.

Although if you have solid reads on his checkraise being very low and him being nitty - I supose you can fold but still its very hard to find the fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      Against halfstack go broke on the flop - you risk losing value from 88-QQ and worse if you call and let scarecards fall. Tbh on this flop I see you being way ahead/way behind but hard to be good enough to fold this big a overpair to a halfstack at this limit imo.

Although if you have solid reads on his check-raise being very low and him being nitty - I suppose you can fold but still its very hard to find the fold.
      Agreed I'm not folding either against a half stack when in doubt, I see bad players take that line with stuff like 99 regularly.

Hope it helps.