This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] check raised kings on dry flop

• cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $13.15
      SB:
      $11.55
      BB:
      $6.00
      MP2 (Hero):
      $10.45
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K.
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.95) 4, 3, 7 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, CO folds, BB raises to $1.60, Hero raises to $6.90, BB calls $4.10(All-In).

Turn: ($13.55) J (2 players)

River: ($13.55) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $13.55.

Results follow:

BB shows two pairs, sevens and fours(4c 7h).
      Hero shows a pair of kings(Kd Kh).

BB wins with two pairs, sevens and fours(4c 7h).

what could he have there?
      i was thinking that he would have been bad enough to do it with gutshot draws.
      at the same time, it was also highly likely that he could have sets.

i thought that a better line would have been to call the flop and re-evaluate the turn and plan on seeing a cheap showdown, folding to big bets.
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Against halfstack go broke on the flop - you risk losing value from 88-QQ and worse if you call and let scarecards fall. Tbh on this flop I see you being way ahead/way behind but hard to be good enough to fold this big a overpair to a halfstack at this limit imo.

Although if you have solid reads on his checkraise being very low and him being nitty - I supose you can fold but still its very hard to find the fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      Against halfstack go broke on the flop - you risk losing value from 88-QQ and worse if you call and let scarecards fall. Tbh on this flop I see you being way ahead/way behind but hard to be good enough to fold this big a overpair to a halfstack at this limit imo.

Although if you have solid reads on his check-raise being very low and him being nitty - I suppose you can fold but still its very hard to find the fold.
      Agreed I'm not folding either against a half stack when in doubt, I see bad players take that line with stuff like 99 regularly.

Hope it helps.