$7.85
      MP2 (Hero):
      $10.60
      MP3:
      $10.90
      CO:
      $10.80

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J.
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP3 raises to $1.10, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.35) 9, 6, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.35) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $3.10, Hero calls $3.10.

River: ($11.55) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $11.55.

Results follow:

MP3 shows a pair of aces(Kd As).
      Hero shows a pair of jacks(Jc Jh).

MP3 wins with a pair of aces(Kd As).

i thought that jacks was too strong to fold to a re-raise. yet i was going to play oop. i called for a overpair value( is there any overpair value?) and set value. it was unlikely that his hand hit the flop, so i thought i was going to call that. however, his range of hands of overpairs TT+ would have more than half beating me. should i give up my jacks on the flop? or are there many more hands that could be worse off than mine?

on the turn, the A would have improved the rest of his hands that was behind, should i have then folded to the turn bet? or should i have bet myself since A was also in my range? i thought that a good decision was to give up on the turn, or perhaps even on the flop if opponent was usually not aggressive and more tight.
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Imo you're pretty much only beating TT off the flop - and he probably has a 6 outer against you sometime - AQ/AK. So I think I can find a fold off the flop - but anyhow I won't call preflop unless I know they 3bet wide (not really common of NL10 players) just because its gets into such shitty spots like this.

Turn is a clear fold - you're getting valuetowned way too much and imo you should often expect to commit your entire stack when you call on the turn. Donking on turn would be werid cos like if you had Ax would you be donking in 3b pot.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by amplifyd
      Imo you're pretty much only beating TT off the flop - and he probably has a 6 outer against you sometime - AQ/AK. So I think I can find a fold off the flop - but anyhow I won't call preflop unless I know they 3bet wide (not really common of NL10 players) just because its gets into such shitty spots like this.

Turn is a clear fold - you're getting valuetowned way too much and imo you should often expect to commit your entire stack when you call on the turn. Donking on turn would be werid cos like if you had Ax would you be donking in 3b pot.
      This pretty much.

It's important to notice that he's 3betting a UTG raiser and that shows a lot of strength. You can often take TT-JJ out of this guys range actually. So folding pre-flop should be standard. You can only call against someone who 3bets a lot! If that's not the case, there's no value in calling whatsoever, becasue you're always gonna get valuetowned post and you'll never extract any value from worse hands =)

As played, you can safely muck the turn.

Cheers!