$8.75
      BB:
      $18.35
      MP2:
      $10.15
      MP3:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, J.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, 2 folds, CO calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.95) 4, 4, 5 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.10, CO calls $1.10.

Turn: ($4.15) 6 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2.40, CO calls $2.40.

River: ($8.95) T (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $5.60(All-In), CO calls $5.60.

Final Pot: $20.15.

Results follow:

CO shows two pairs, queens and fours(Qc Qd).
      Hero shows two pairs, jacks and fours(Js Jc).

CO wins with two pairs, queens and fours(Qc Qd).

i decided to bet the flop as a Cbet and the turn as a protection bet against possible flush and straight draws.

however on the river, should i have bet to extract value from busted draws and the ten pair? or should i have checked behind since there was a possibility of better hands and the pot was already big enough?
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I'd check back turn for pot control and call bets on the river a lot of the time ; maybe bet myself for value depending on what comes - but I don't really see too many hands in his range to seek good value from - tho I suppose he might call 3b pretty wide since you are on BU.

You shouldn't be too concerned about protection bets - since his range is going to be very skewed towards like PPs and two suited - not really connectors imo.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

We should definitely be betting the turn! For value and protection (mostly value, as he won't have too much equity against us).
      Shoving river for value is somewhat thin, because there aren't any worse overpairs now. So it's a matter of how bad this guy is. If he's the loose kind of guy (which is likely for this limit), shoving is fine, becasue he probably still calls 6x, 77-99. Some players love to think "He can have AK, I call". But if he's more on the tight side, I don't mind checking back, as he'll show up with a better hand most of the times he calls.

But if you're on doubt, shoving is never too bad IMO, because it's really unlikely for him to have a better hand. He's mostly gonna have a weak mid pair. So shoving gives him the chance of doing something silly. ;-)

Cheers!